soccer65

Oz appliances OK to use in UK

Hi,

can anyone tell me if Oz electrical appliances ie. tv, fridge,iron,toaster,kettle,printer, washing machine will still work OK back in the UK.

Cheers Steven

Guest Tina

we were advised not to bring our fridge and that was about it, we bought everything else electrical with us.

Hi Tina/Mark,

Are you talking about UK to OZ or OZ to UK, because I want to know about transporting from OZ to UK.

Cheers Steven

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Steve

Still considering going back then? Are things no more settled for you all? I know that Sam is doing really well with the rugby and that. How's everything else?

Mandy

Hi Mandy, everything is fine, kids like it here but do not love it. Lisa fed up with her job ( she only woked p/t in the UK now working f/t ). Sam says the standard of rugby and football is not as good has back in the UK, but still goes to training three days a week and plays both rugby and football on a weekend, which keeps him happy. Georgia is Georgia shes always happy whatever. Me I'm trying to make them all happy with little success, just wish it had been been with a wanted skill, things might have been different. Guess Sean not looking for somebody to help him ?

Steven.

Guest Tina
    Hi Tina/Mark,

Are you talking about UK to OZ or OZ to UK, because I want to know about transporting from OZ to UK.

Cheers Steven

oh! no sorry uk to oz...

When we moved back to England many years ago we brought some electrical items: vacuum cleaner, electric wok, iron, table lamps. All worked perfectly OK in the UK, you just need to buy some adapter plugs. Visitors have used their Australian hairdryers, mobile phone chargers etc here no problem too, via the adapters which we bought in Australia before we left (I suppose they are for Australians to take on holiday with them).

Guest ReadyPenny
    Hi Mandy, everything is fine, kids like it here but do not love it. Lisa fed up with her job ( she only woked p/t in the UK now working f/t ). Sam says the standard of rugby and football is not as good has back in the UK, but still goes to training three days a week and plays both rugby and football on a weekend, which keeps him happy. Georgia is Georgia shes always happy whatever. Me I'm trying to make them all happy with little success, just wish it had been been with a wanted skill, things might have been different. Guess Sean not looking for somebody to help him ?

Steven.

Hi Steven

No unfortunately not, he has an apprentice who is signed up for 3 years through the Carpet Choice group. If you send me a pm or give me a ring and let me know what you are willing/prepared to do, I will ask around. David (our BOSS) knows a LOT of people, just about everybody in the hills almost!!!! Am sure it would help greatly if Lisa could drop to part-time, at least to buy you some time then you can assess the whole situation here.

Let me know and I will put the word out

Mandy

Guest TC for short

Everything will work fine with the likely exception of the TV. However, that will work too with satellite or a set-top box. May also work anyway if it's a newer, digital model.

Bring a couple of Aussie gang-plugs to tide you over until you change the plugs back!

TC