ACHA nursing

stomky

Hi, does anyone work as a nurse for the Acha group on a 457?I'm hoping to move to a different area but will have to be in the same group, I'm looking for somewhere that gives me more than 1 weekend in 3 off (have only got half a w'end this time!!!!!!!!)

My contract is 2 years but I've just applied for a PR visa which I hope means I can change things but this is still months ahead, can't really see the point of being here if me and my husband can't get to explore Adelaide for more than 1 day a month together!!!!:arghh:

(As you can tell it's put me in rather a bad mood:mad:)

Hi, does anyone work as a nurse for the Acha group on a 457?I'm hoping to move to a different area but will have to be in the same group, I'm looking for somewhere that gives me more than 1 weekend in 3 off (have only got half a w'end this time!!!!!!!!)

My contract is 2 years but I've just applied for a PR visa which I hope means I can change things but this is still months ahead, can't really see the point of being here if me and my husband can't get to explore Adelaide for more than 1 day a month together!!!!:arghh:

Hi I work for ACHA but am not here on a 457 so not much help there really - Im in the process of looking for another job too. Have you thought about asking a different hospital to take over your visa - a lot would be willing to do this. Which areas do you work in. They self roster where my hubby works and he loves it - although its not within the ACHA group. I know someone that works with a friend of mine left Burnside and went to work at the Womens and Childrens they took over her visa sponsorship.

Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey,

I'm a bit worried about ending up somewhere worse!!!!I need some reccomendations, what area is your husband in?I'm going to try to move around the hospital first in the hope I can cope with that while I wait for a 175, I'm doing HDU and general surgery at the mo, done a bit of ICU, ENT, and bones in the UK, what area are you in?

I've heard that public is better than private for conditions, which do you work in?Can't beleive I want to leave somewhere so quick after starting but the shifts are killing me!!!:sad:

(Not that I'm at all ungratefull for being here!)

Guest happy feet

Hi, I have worked at the RAH, and am know at Flinders and the shift's are crap there toooooooo. 1 weekend off a month, nights once a month. I miss out on loads of my son's footy matches, and it really pixxes me off as i came here for a better family life and have less than the uk. I am also on a 457 visa, and flinders took that over from the RAH without any probs. I know ICU at flinders, do long days if you want, and self roster, so could prob get 2 weekends off per month, not sure if this helps but just to say i know how you feel. Good luck

cara

Thanks Lindsey,

I'm a bit worried about ending up somewhere worse!!!!I need some reccomendations, what area is your husband in?I'm going to try to move around the hospital first in the hope I can cope with that while I wait for a 175, I'm doing HDU and general surgery at the mo, done a bit of ICU, ENT, and bones in the UK, what area are you in?

I've heard that public is better than private for conditions, which do you work in?Can't beleive I want to leave somewhere so quick after starting but the shifts are killing me!!!:sad:

(Not that I'm at all ungratefull for being here!)

Have pm'd you

Hi, I have worked at the RAH, and am know at Flinders and the shift's are crap there toooooooo. 1 weekend off a month, nights once a month. I miss out on loads of my son's footy matches, and it really pixxes me off as i came here for a better family life and have less than the uk. I am also on a 457 visa, and flinders took that over from the RAH without any probs. I know ICU at flinders, do long days if you want, and self roster, so could prob get 2 weekends off per month, not sure if this helps but just to say i know how you feel. Good luck

cara

Yeh, seriously, what is it with the w'ends, I keep asking, who isn't doing them????We usually end up with too many staff who get to take A/L or leave without pay or have to go releiving!!!I'm not sure if it's something to do with getting out of paying agency if too many people ring in sick?!:idea:

I work in Ashford CCU and hardly ever work weekends - there are a lot of people that like working them for the extra money so I have to fight for them if I need the money for something!

Catherine

Well I had a little moan and apparently my half a w'end was an accident,oops, so I got my w'end back, I'm just going to have to request more I think and see what happens :unsure:

How about trying day procedures within the group that would give you weekends off.

I was unhappy at being on a 457 too when I came and once I applied for permanency it came through in 13 weeks . Once I was given a case mgr I phoned every day,until it came through.

Do you mind me asking which visa it was you applied for?my agent has just told me that 175's (which is the 1 we wanted) are taking 18-24 months to come through yet my friends 175 came through in 8 months, they seem to be pushing for me to go for a 176.

They say there is only a moral obligation to stay in the state for 2 years with the 176 not a legal 1 and it seems the time you have already been here for counts towards it. Not saying that we want to leave Adelaide but it would be nice to have the choice.