Mom's and tot's ......

ischa

Hi All,

We are planning to move over early next year .......... I would like to know how easy or "hard" it is to meet other moms. I will have a 2.5 year old little boy and little baba boy (due in Oct) ....... so getting really nervous about being isolated. All the moms out there know how hard it can be to be part of a group that meet up often, not only for kiddies to play but for mom to have a chat and coffee. I have a few lovely groups here, so the thought of sitting at home alone with two little ones............ well :arghh: need I say more !

Do you have regular mom's and tot's or do you meet in groups.......... any advice or just some reassurance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lindi:wubclub:

Guest The Dimmocks

We are hoping to make the move later this year or early next year, depending on house sale, we got 3 kids. Twin boys who were 2 yesterday and a girl who will be 4 in two weeks time. I have thought the same thing about get togethers with little ones, so will be watching this thread.

Hi, firstly congrats on your pregnancy, not long now.

We moved here when our daughter was 5 months old, and at first I did find it lonely especially with my husband out at work. It was actually when I found this website and have met some mums here.

Hannah is now 8 months old and with swimming lessons, playgroup and wriggle & rhyme (singing at the local library) etc, we are rarely home. Soon it will be summer and I can't wait to take Hannah to the beach, although I'm sure she just end up eating half the beach! The only thing I miss is having a mums group with babies Hannah's age, but have met some lovely mums through playgroup, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

It will feel lonely to start with but you will soon settle in. I think having young kids opens a lot of doors to meeting new people (ie you have to get out and get involved or you will go mad) and you have chosen a great place to bring up your kids, you will love it.

Good luck and if there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask. Vicky

Guest guest3462

You should be fine, there are loads of mums and toddler groups around (we are in Aldinga and there are 2). Also play n fun is a wonderful soft play centre and cafe in christies beach that is a great meeting place, we go every friday and let the kids run riot while we sit and have a chat. I have seen one up into the hills called wacky warehouse too, but not entirely sure which 'burb its in.

Also, there are child and family health nurses here, which are pretty much like health visitors in the UK and they set up local groups of new mums to get together.

I have two girls, 2 and 3 and we have never felt isolated or bored!

Hope you find this useful

Julia x

Guest familygood

We are moving over in Jan next year to the Christies Beach area so count us in for the Friday playtimes! I think having kids makes it so much easier to meet other people. I am not too worried about it at all. Maybe when you arrive you could do an invite for a meet up for all of us that have kids under school age?

Guest davey72

Riponian

We also land in Adelaide on the 14th! and fly out on the 10th from Heathrow with a 4 day stop in Hong Kong your not flying Cathay Pacfic are you? We will based in Millswood for 4 months until we find somewhere permenant to live. We have two girls aged 2 & 3 and my wife likes to chat!! so send us an email when you get there and we could try and meet up.