Guest seekingsunshine

Buying bbq help needed

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi i've been in Oz for just over a week and am yet to find the perfect BBQ for me and my family, the requirements are , 6 burners, stainless steel grill plates and thats it, but don't know where to start to look for one, please please if anyone has any suggestions or ideas or good big BBQ's of their own they thing we might like, i'd love to hear from you

Thanks

Matt

Guest Zako999

Bunnings has a nice 6burner think its about 550$ im thinking of getting it.... Harvey norman have a few 4-5-6 burners but they are abit fancy and abit more pricey.... Mitre 10 have a few good bbq's aswell. Your best bet is to have a look around but would definately have a look in Bunnings and Mitre 10.

Guest graandjac

:)Big W and K mart have a good selection and at very good prices;)

Guest kangomik

Big W usually have a sale in May and they come in at half price for the big stuff.

Stainless steel grill plates may need to be purchased seperately.

BBQ Galore is pricey, but have lots of gear and advice.

Your 6 burners will use a lot of gas by the way, something that will need factoring in.

You may struggle to get stainless steel plates, but Bunnos is pretty good, as is BigW but there is a big place upon the South Road called Bonza BBQs i think thats ot name anyhows...

HG

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hey all,

Does anyone have any tips on operating a BBQ? Everytime I've been one, I have been the patron and not the chef!!

I hear stories of people setting fire to themselves and losing eyebrows!

I remember when I was a backpacker some of my Aussie mates used to throw beer on it to clean it before hand and the meat being quite tasty! Sure lashing beer over it though can't be good for the BBQ!

Guest Woody and Jane

Wow, just reading this I thought I'd check out Barbeques Galore. I didn't realise how many different BBQs there are, some of which are bleedin' expensive. I'm gonna have a steep learning curve when I get to Adelaide in November. I don't know whether to get a small(ish) one to start off with or just go for it with a 4 or even 6 burner. Can't wait.