Guest fuji70

Internet music/radio stations

Guest fuji70

Hiya

In the absence of Last FM and Spotify, can anyone recommend an online music station? (ie one that will save me from inane DJs :SLEEP:)

I've had a bit of a search on Google, but not getting far.

Cheers

Jo

Hi,I have LIVE365,which is fantastic,ad free,no DJ, back to back 24/7 music of your choice(thousands of stations to choose from)just preset preferred stations.Listen all day long to rare stuff of your choice ,loads of tracks that leave you amazed!ROCK,COUNTRY,SOUL,DISCO,CLASSICAL etc,etc.One big problem now though,as i am paying a fee as a VIP live 365 member each quarter,and the way it is here in Adelaide with only so much net usage per month,unless you are loaded,listening to it gobbles up my allowance mega fast.So,until i can get unlimited unrestricted usage like i had in the UK,I will have to reluctantly get rid of Live 365.Roll on unlimited.

Guest oli

What internet service provider are you using? Many of them relay internet stations which is great since it doesn't use up your allowance.

Guest fuji70

I'm back to using Accuradio. (until I can find a way to hack into Last Fm, or the Aussies catch up with the rest of the world;))

Guest The Pickles

I'm a big fan of Three D radio (93.7FM), it's run by the Progressive Music Broadcasting Association. They are committed to playing contemporary, progressive & alternative music and support the local music and arts community in a way that few other local stations do.

They have no playlists - the announcers are free to choose the music that they present. I stumbled across this station by accident and was amazed to hear Public Enemy, Pixies, NWA and PJ Harvey being played although their content is strictly 40% Australian so perhaps I was listening at the right time... each to their own of course! ;)