Guest Carolandcraig

Bed Sizes

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi all,

we are due out at the end of jan, and are not bringing anything with us but the clothes we own, I saw a thread earlier advising to bring bedding as it can be expensive so i thought hmmmmm what size do i take as we have a king size here but as ive found out its a different size in Oz, so ive spent ages trawling thourgh trying to find out what size i actually need. So for anyone else in the same situation i thought i post a few links as to the size of the beds and matteress (sorry if this has been done before but i couldnt find it) so before you buy in the UK make sure it will fit your OZ bed.

http://www.thisperthlife.com/2006/03/bed_sizes.html

http://www.the-pillow.com.au/resources/bed_sizes.php

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks for that, bet it took ages on your slow internet LOL. I printed one link off and will be checking the stuff I got later.

Thanks again

Guest The Dimmocks

Got to take our stuff back :-( from what I can work out, the UK Super King size is still smaller than an Australian King Size. We going to wait until we get there for ours, Kids are okay as one bed is going with us and the boys got flat sheets which will fit an Australian small single.

Thanks for getting that link as we would have took them and ended up not using them, saved me nearly £50.

Thanks all, Right so got sizes has anyone brought bedding with them does it fit? ie does UK King size bedding actualy fit Aussie Queensize beds and duvets? (it looks like it dosent from measurments)

Getting more complicated lol :arghh:

Guest WoodMartin
    Thanks all, Right so got sizes has anyone brought bedding with them does it fit? ie does UK King size bedding actualy fit Aussie Queensize beds and duvets? (it looks like it dosent from measurments)

Getting more complicated lol :arghh:

We bought over our UK King Size bedding - the fitted sheet fits (quite tightly though) on our Adelaide Ikea Queen size bed.

Ali