It's actually happening!

Guest Damien

Oh my God! It's finally sunk in that we are moving to Oz in 8 weeks! I looked on the internet today and found my house (yes, my house!) up for rental. We only had the agent around this afternoon, it's gone straight onto his website and the advert says 'Available Now'! I've only ever lived in 2 houses, this one for the last 11 years. I've renovated it, extended it, hated it, loved it, abused it, occasionally vacuumed it, brought 2 children into the world in it and now someone else is gonna be calling it home. Feel a bit sad............:sad:

If someone wants to rent it before we go we are gonna be living on my mate's narrow boat on the Thames - should be fun.

It's really brought it home to me what we are doing. Haven't even had the farewell parties yet! Gonna be a rollercoaster few weeks methinks...........

Damo

There, got that one off my chest.:err:

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

Reading your post made me think about our situation. We flying out in 3 and a bit weeks. We have had our house 10 years, it was a right dump, we renovated it, extended it and brought 3 children into the world in it. Me being wife, has hoovered it lots LOL

If we could move our house to Australia then we would and will be really sad to say goodbye to it. But still it only bricks and mortar as they say.

Where abouts you heading? We just found out got the OAA but dont know where abouts we will be put yet. Hubby got a job based in Port Adelaide so will be looking more northish for a longer term rental.

We got our leaving party on Sunday.

All the best with your move the next 8 weeks will fly by.

Michelle

Guest mayjess
Hi

Reading your post made me think about our situation. We flying out in 3 and a bit weeks. We have had our house 10 years, it was a right dump, we renovated it, extended it and brought 3 children into the world in it. Me being wife, has hoovered it lots LOL

If we could move our house to Australia then we would and will be really sad to say goodbye to it. But still it only bricks and mortar as they say.

Where abouts you heading? We just found out got the OAA but dont know where abouts we will be put yet. Hubby got a job based in Port Adelaide so will be looking more northish for a longer term rental.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Have you got the contact for OAA? did you apply for OAA knowing the exact date you where leaving the UK?

Mayjess

Hi Michelle,

Good luck with your move. Have you sold your house or renting it out. We are renting, what with the rubbish house prices, exchange rate etc.

We have a short term rental in Christies Beach, will probably look in that area for something more permanent. I'm a bricky so am hoping to eventually buy a nice plot and build the house myself. I know what you mean about wanting to take your house over with you. Ours was a dump when we bought it and we've put so much work into it. We love it, all our friends love it but as you say, it's only bricks and mortar. Can't wait to show them all photos of a large house by the sea.....

Damien

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi Michelle,

Good luck with your move. Have you sold your house or renting it out. We are renting, what with the rubbish house prices, exchange rate etc.

We have a short term rental in Christies Beach, will probably look in that area for something more permanent. I'm a bricky so am hoping to eventually buy a nice plot and build the house myself. I know what you mean about wanting to take your house over with you. Ours was a dump when we bought it and we've put so much work into it. We love it, all our friends love it but as you say, it's only bricks and mortar. Can't wait to show them all photos of a large house by the sea.....

Damien

Hi

We leaving our house up for sale, we looked at renting but decided against it. Justin (OH) done all the work inside himself, his dad is a bricky so he built the extension (saved a few pennies).

Be nice to build your own house, can do what you want.

Be nice to keep in touch and I'm sure we will cross paths somewhere along the way with one PIA event or another.

Michelle

I got home from work today, there's a 'To Let' board in my front garden - that'll get the neighbours talking! Then some lad came over and bought my car. Not so bad if it was a normal car but it's not. It's a 19 year old Honda CRX VTEC that was my baby. Totally shell shocked now.................

In the last month I've sold all my fishing gear (been fishing since I was 4 and been sponsored/paid to fish and run fisheries since 1995), sold my beautiful car and am renting my house. Bloody Oz better be good................

Damo

PS Michelle, will def have to meet up when we all get over there, our kids are similar ages and we have a pool at our rental!

Guest The Dimmocks
I got home from work today, there's a 'To Let' board in my front garden - that'll get the neighbours talking! Then some lad came over and bought my car. Not so bad if it was a normal car but it's not. It's a 19 year old Honda CRX VTEC that was my baby. Totally shell shocked now.................

In the last month I've sold all my fishing gear (been fishing since I was 4 and been sponsored/paid to fish and run fisheries since 1995), sold my beautiful car and am renting my house. Bloody Oz better be good................

Damo

PS Michelle, will def have to meet up when we all get over there, our kids are similar ages and we have a pool at our rental!

Sounds like you had a busy day, we only got one car to sell now:-( Justin skidded last week and someone crashed into the side of him so his is a right off. The garage I had mine from are buying it back (only had it 18 months) so can keep it right up until we leave. We been selling lots of stuff on ebay, the post office is loving us at the minute.

A pool party sounds good, don't think the On Arrival Accommdation provides pools ... maybe a puddle in the garden on a rainy day LOL

You on Facebook???

Michelle

Guest Guest75

Damo

Sold all of your fishing gear???:shocked:

Not continuing the sport here????:unsure:

BTW - you are going through the normal set of emotions.:)

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Damien.

Shouldnt have sold your tackle, your gonna need it here.

When we moved over that was one of the first things that i made sure was coming over with us.

Don't worry Fishos! My gear was all match gear or fly gear so not really suited to Oz. I've kept the proceeds to one side and first priority when we arrive is to go to the local tackle shop in Christies Beach and spend spend spend! I've already bought some gear over here, reels, braid, soft plastics etc.

Hope the mrs doesn't read this, if you do my love I mean I'm gonna find a job first - honest:) Then go fishing!

Damo

Guest angiestaff
Hi

Michelle

Hi,

good luck with ur impending move, i bet ur running around like headless chickens at the moment ?? lol i remember we were :v_SPIN:

we're based just up the road from port adelaide (in fact i drive through there on my way to work), try looking 4 long term rental in semaphore, west lakes or henley beach areas (i'm sure there are other lovely areas but i can't think at the moment lol)

what part of the midlands are you from? we came from birmingham (lived 8 yrs in sheldon)...do NOT miss it!!!! lol....well some bits anyway ;)

let us know how u get on, x

ange x

• 2 years later...
Guest paula & andrew

Hi all,reading thru all your posts and replies is setting me off!!! ive been ok till now! we go on the 21st august, weve just managed to sell our house which we have also nurtured back to life!! it was living in yesteryear!! 12 yrs later, and lots of fabulous memories i will be shedding a few tears when we move out in 3wks!! might be good to keep in touch, we have 2 children 12 & 8. We are in property in the uk and would like to maybe carry on in sa. good luck to everybody paula