New Arrivals desperate to do some fishing

Is anyone in the Hallett Cove area interested in teachin a new arrival the ropes of sea fishing Aussie style, I used to fish for Carp/Pike in the UK and have done a fair bit of sea fishing for Cod/Bass etc, I am looking to do some shore angling and if anyone's interested in going after some carp let me know, i'm not aware of any local carpin but am mobile and don't mind a bit of a drive.

Best Regards

Mark

Guest Guest75

Hiya Mark

Sorry I did not get to reply to your post earlier.

It's a bit different here is the fishing ,but there is some Redfin & Carp to play with if you want.

Bream are the target for a lot of river /estuary fishermen as well.

Might be some good fishing off the rocks down there at Hallett Cove.

Two big bits of advice..........

Join the local fishing forum called Strike & Hook, great blokes in there with lots of advice and support.

Here......... Welcome to Strike & Hook

Go into The Anglers Choice on Beach Road ,Christies Beach.

Tell them Tyke / Russell sent you - when you have dusted yourself off from being thrown out don't mention me again - kidding,I'm a regualr there:biglaugh:

Arthur is the owner,Scott his son ,Mark is great(also helps run Strike & Hook) and then there is Peter who calls a spade "a F@@@@@g Shovel":biglaugh:

They can give you some really good advice + ya won't get out without buying anything,just too tempting.

Have fun,might see you on S&H :)

Thanks Russell, I'll try n pop in there soon, thought I might just try and wet a line off the rocks at Hallett Cove beach or at Noarlunga (estuary end). If you could recommend any 'general' baits I'd appreciate it, I thought I'd give small prawns or squid strips a go as a place to start. Tight lines

Regards

Mark

Guest Damien

Alright Mark, you made it over ok then. I've done a bit of fishing on the beaches around my house (Port Noarlunga) and bream fishing in the river. Caught a few too ;) Give me a shout when you want to wet a line.

There's plenty of fishing to be done with 2kg 7' rod, paternoster rig and bait such as pieces of worm, prawn, mullet mix etc. It's dead easy and all available from Angler's Choice. It's coming into salmon season soon, supposed to be great sport around this area! And I've got it all within 10 mins walk from my house. Woo hoo! :)

My next rod is gonna be a surf outfit, there's loads of big stuff to be dragged in around here too like eagles rays, big salmon, mulloway etc. This place is ace for fishing.

Catch up soon mate,

Damo

Guest cornish Busdriver

I will probaly be down chisties or moana on sunday if u wanna get some hooks wet. 3gang hooks work well on either a clipdown or pully rigs with a whole pilly on.

:cool::DHi Damien, well all my gear arrived safe and sound, no AQUIS problems at all. i normally work Saturday mornings but as its Anzac weekend ther won't be any O.Tso I'm gonna get Tania to drop me down to Noarlunga beach so I can have a go off the beach, I'll probably get down after 9 am and fish the tide in, probably down by the river inlet as I know it drops off deep there.. I've only really got Beachcasters or 3lb carp outfits so I think I'll give the big rods a go. Whats the tackle shop in Noarlunga like for bait and advice, I've been past it a couple of times but not been in.I'll let you know how I go on unless you fancy popping down for a yarn, I'm easily recognised, 6ft tall, short hair large build and accent straight from a farm yard!!!

All the best

Mark

Alright Mark, you made it over ok then. I've done a bit of fishing on the beaches around my house (Port Noarlunga) and bream fishing in the river. Caught a few too ;) Give me a shout when you want to wet a line.

There's plenty of fishing to be done with 2kg 7' rod, paternoster rig and bait such as pieces of worm, prawn, mullet mix etc. It's dead easy and all available from Angler's Choice. It's coming into salmon season soon, supposed to be great sport around this area! And I've got it all within 10 mins walk from my house. Woo hoo! :)

My next rod is gonna be a surf outfit, there's loads of big stuff to be dragged in around here too like eagles rays, big salmon, mulloway etc. This place is ace for fishing.

Catch up soon mate,

Damo

Guest Damien

Mate, everybody's 6 foot bloody tall here! I may be able to have a quick stroll along the beach on Saturday, trouble is we move into our new rental that day so the mrs may not let me ;(

I don't know about any shop in Noarlunga. I have always used Angler's Choice on Beach Rd, Christies Beach. I went in there first as I live around the corner from it but keep going back coz the advice is tops. It has parking directly in front of it too.

I'll pm you my mobile number.

Will have that fish soon......

Damo

Guest Damien

Nice one, did he do the 'Aussie thing' and throw it in the bush/feed it to the dog..? I can't do it so won't fish for them, much as I'd love to!

Damo

Nice one, did he do the 'Aussie thing' and throw it in the bush/feed it to the dog..? I can't do it so won't fish for them, much as I'd love to!

Damo

We do when we fish the Murray, they are so abundant, and are clearly destroying the native fish habitat. We're off on a houseboat again soon to do our bit for the environment :D