Football & golf

Guest sturg

Guest sturg

Hi all, I have just arrived in Adelaide ( on my own and I don't know a soul!! ) and am looking to get involved with some 5 a side football after work and some golf at weekends. I live in Mawson Lakes until 15th June and will then move over to the coast. Work is in Beverley if that helps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can see there has been some discussion on this subject already!

Guest sturg

42 views & no one has anything to say?? Surely, by the nature of the title and the fact you looked, means either you must be interested in football or golf or you can help??:skeptical:

What do you think guys? I'm on a wind up here...

Guest askmeaboutadelaide

Hiya

Welcome to Adelaide.

I know there are a group of Pommie lads who play five a side at Kensington indoor sports centre on a Tuesday night from about 6ish. My hubby used to go regularly and says the guys are all really friendly, some of been here a long while and some are newies all of which are happy to welcome new players. Very informal so just go along and take a look yourself.

Good luck mate

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

My hubby was playing at mawson lakes uni, not five a side though. He had to stop becuase of working permanent late shift, but loved it as they train in good warm ups and its twice a week (mon and fridays) I think he foudnt the thread on here actually so do a search through the old posts and see hwatcha get.

He also used to play with loads of other pommies at modbury football club too on wednesday, so again check the old posts. Good luck i hope you find something, nothing five a side round here that i know of. In the city people play on a sunday, but again this isn't five a side either.

• 3 weeks later...

I played Futsal (indoor 5 a side) with the same group as Darlo2adelaide at UniSA Mawson Lakes on a Friday night. Haven't been for a few months but hoping to go this Friday. It's mainly international students from every country you can think of. Friendly group. Not sure if I will still be able to keep up with the students now as I'm 40 something, but will find out tomorrow. I play outdoor (anything from 6 a side to 11 a side depending on who turns up each week) with the over 35's group at Modbury on Wednesday evenings. Good banter and a beer after.

Shaun, I am Somerton Park now so anywhere south would be ideal. Let me know when your playing and we'll meet up. 0414 637051. Cheers Paul

Paul,

I have saved your number, this weekend is a no go, busy and weather sucks, but probably next Sunday, around lunchtime down at the Vines course in Reynella (private course, about $30.00 for round if with a member, which we are). When i book the tee time i will let you know.

Guest sturg

Small problem there that i did not mention! I have just got involved with some Masters football on a Sunday and the season ends mid Sept. However, I would definately play on a Saturday or once the seasons up. Do you play Saturdays?

• 3 weeks later...