Melbourne Acc/Hotels?

Guest Roo1

Guest Roo1

My best friend from the UK is finally coming to visit me!! Yehhhh!.:wubclub:

She and her BF are spending a few days in Melbourne before travelling the GOR to Adelaide.

She's asked if I know of any good hotels in Melbourne and as its been years since I visited there, I haven't got a clue.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys. Any recommendations? They are in their late 20's so I should think they want something close to a bit of night life.

Cheers

Judi x

Also, when Lucy and I went over to see Wicked couple of years ago we stayed in the Grand Chancellor which was right in the centre, excellent location. We got a deal through wotif.com.au or lastminute.com.au (sorry can't remember which) but complained about the room we were given and were upgraded to the penthouse! That was very nice and they had a lovely rooftop pool.

Might be an idea to post on the PomsinOz site as well and get someone who actually lives in Mlebourne to recommend somewhere.

Guest whitfan

Hotel Enterprize on Spencer St. The wife and I always stay when we go to Melbourne (which is quite often). Pretty cheap, great central location, ok facilities.

Guest Andrew&Ren

We stayed at the Atlantis hotel in Melbourne last year for 3 nights which was perfect to see the city and from what I remember pretty reasonable.

Not smack bang in the heart of it but a short walk to the centre and the tram stop is just around the corner so perfect to see the interesting suburbs.

Tell your friends to head to Lygon Street & Brunswick street. I love Melbourne! :)