Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeBanks

Price of new TV?

Guest MikeBanks

Hi - due to leave for Adelaide in October and TV gone on the blink. I believe that new UK TV's will work fine out there but what about price? I can get a new Sony 40 inch HD for about 650 quid here - shipping costs negligible as bringing container anyway. Can anyone tell me how price compares? Is it better to buy out there?

Guest MikeBanks

Hi - thanks for that - I'll give them a look. I see that you are a Hammer - support Blackburn Rovers myself - are you as sick as me after yesterday? By the way, I think that Green is a good keeper - just one of those things that can happen

Guest Here at last!

Although our UK Toshiba TV (it was just over a year old when we arrived) worked with ariel the digital channels didn't, that meant we only had 4 working channels and 1 fuzzy channel.

We have just bought a 46inch Panasonic Plasma here in Adelaide for £800.

Guest kangomik

Here at last pounds or Dollars?

Don't forget warranty, just in case it does go wrong.

Our UK tv would not work on UK settings, it had to be set to french settings in order to get some channels, its used for gaming now

Guest Here at last!
    Here at last pounds or Dollars?

Don't forget warranty, just in case it does go wrong.

Our UK tv would not work on UK settings, it had to be set to french settings in order to get some channels, its used for gaming now

I converted it already so £800.

We did try and change the settings but it doesn't seem to work on Toshiba TV. Typical!

Guest steph&neil

Hi I would wait till you get here - electricals have been a good buy due the strong dollar - also the waranty will stand if anything goes wrong - althought if your luck is like mine it will break the day after it runs out :( - happened to my microwave last week & we bought it 2 years & 1 day prior to this aggggrrrr, on the upside I can claim a new one through tax back here!!! steph