Cannons

Doctors

Hi,

Just arrived last week and have been to register with Medicare.

I need to go to see a Doctor but I am not sure of the procedure??

Do I go into any surgery? and What happens from there?

Can I request to see a female doctor?

Also can anyone recommend a particular surgery I am in the Port Noarlunga area.

Please can someone advise me as I am hoping to go tomorrow.

Jo x

Just phone up the surgery you want to go to and see if they have any vacancies. If they do, make an appointment to see a lady doctor. Ask if they bulk bill, if they do its free, if they don't you pay about $52 a visit and get some back through medicare.

Guest guest3462

I think most of the dr's tend to bulk bill for kids and for adults it's $52, but ends up being $24 with the medicare rebate. Some dr's do immediate rebate which saves you going to medicare with your reciepts. Down here in Aldinga Beach, we have never had any problems getting a same day appoinment and there are always female dr's available.

When you go to sort your antenatal care, request that you want to go to noarlunga for your hospital appts as parking at flinders is a complete nightmare!! I have the antenatal clininc booking numbers if you need them, just let me know!

Thanks for info Julie.

I've been into Noarlunga already and spoke to a lovely Midwife there she's trying to get an appointment for me asap but think they must be quite busy it would be so much handier to go there than up to Flinders.

Jo x