Woohoo Passed!!

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

Hi I just had to write this as im soooooooooooooooooooo happy!

PASSED MY IELTS EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok one step over with and now the nursing registration! Bring it On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest nicandchris

Hi Bevevs yes indeed you need to study for it as it easnt easy! I have an ielts 'pratice paper'book which you can have but its mainly on papers to work on and past papers so that you can see how papers are marked which is helpful but you need to really get an ielts book which tells you the rationale behind the test which i got from the library, basically any ielts book would do that is a 'workbook'.

I gave the Nursing board address in Melbourne for my exam result to be sent to. Im led to believe that they hold the result there until you apply for the nursing registration, i havnt applied for that yet, so yes they will get my results before knowing exactly who i am but im sure that they are used to that as part of the process.

To be honest the exam is very hard as its got time restaints for two of the sections and there is some skill at skim reading the passages that they give you, id get a book asap!

Good luck! Pm me if you want to discuss this or anything futher!

nic

Ah thank you for this Nic, makes a bit more sense, I have sent you a message back before seeing your reply here. I thought being British, it would be a piece of cake! Better get a workbook then!! Did you write the Melbourne address on your IELTS application form? Got to send it tomorrow, unless I book on the next one in November.

Thank you for this

Bev

Guest nicandchris

hi there i would advise that if you havnt done any preparation for the exam then to wait until the November date and work up to it as it is more difficult than you think, but of course its up to you.

Do you need the melbourne address, yes i put it on the ielts application as it needs to be sent straight there. Any questions just ask.

nic

Guest nicandchris

hi sent it through pm, thats the address that the agency gave me as the new nursing hq so ive sent it there. Im unsure of an address in adelaide if there is one>

Guest punkrokka

Mrs PR got the IELTS results today, overall mark was great but was 0.5 short of passing the reading section so it was a fail.

Re test sorted for Saturday, fingers crossed

Guest nicandchris

The best advice i can give about the reading is to read the questions first, and then quickly skim read over the paragraphs looking for topics and key words. Also if your unsure then go to the questions that you can answer and go back to the difficult ones. Stay calm!

Guest punkrokka
Hi PR' date='

I'm sitting my test Saturday in Bristol, where are you going?

Bev[/quote']

How did you get on, did all go to plan ?

We get the results on 12th November.

Good luck

Guest punkrokka
All done' date=' wasn't too bad (won't be saying that if i fail!!) Same for me, 13 days she said. Fingers crossed. Let me know how you did. Fingers crossed for you too.[/quote']

There were hundreds taking the test yesterday in Acton, my wife spoke to a couple of people, one was on the 5th attempt and the other on the 7th :shocked:

Guest nicandchris

the last time i took my test the administrator said that if i failed again on one aspect of the ielts that i could (next time) pay the full cost but only take that aspect of the test. may make it less stressful?

Guest fluxsta

yikes! i thought it would be a piece of cake as well!! sure was when i attended Uni!

My family are wanting to move. I am a nurse (mental health) and we have 3 kids, going to do recce of adelaide in feb 2011. I am soooo confused about the steps we need to take in order to relocate and inm what order to do them??

Any pointers please? newbie to the forum

thanks

Guest nicandchris

Hi Welcome! Id make this a new thread of its own! Youd receive lots of advice from knowledgable people! Personally ive got a job that was advertised in the RCN so were intending to head over on a 457 business visa to revert into PR after a couple of months once we are there. Lots of RMNs needed in Adelaide and lots of agencies to help you on your way. Depends if you want to go down the route of getting PR before you go (dependent on your age i think) but im no expert at all re this. Put the thread up and youll get lots of help.

:)

Guest fluxsta
Hi Welcome! Id make this a new thread of its own! Youd receive lots of advice from knowledgable people! Personally ive got a job that was advertised in the RCN so were intending to head over on a 457 business visa to revert into PR after a couple of months once we are there. Lots of RMNs needed in Adelaide and lots of agencies to help you on your way. Depends if you want to go down the route of getting PR before you go (dependent on your age i think) but im no expert at all re this. Put the thread up and youll get lots of help.

Thanks guys!! It seems that there is lots of confusion both here and in Oz due to them changing the nursing boards country wide in July 2010. it does appear that UK passport holders do not need to do the IELTS! I suppose the visa will be a 176 as we plan to apply for PR. Is a simpler way to get temporary residence and then further the process once there, as money to 'actually' move out to Oz is very tight and i wonder if this is a cheaper way of doing it. Just done skills assessment and recieved spot on 100 points, that is without state sponsoring (which I have no idea about!)

many thanks for your quick response......the journey begins!!!

:notworthy:

Personally ive got a job that was advertised in the RCN so were intending to head over on a 457 business visa to revert into PR after a couple of months once we are there.

Hi Nicola, slightly off topic to your thread but is this swopping visa's what you hope to do or is it something that you have been told you can do please?