Bullies

Guest doje6863

Although unfortunately bullying happens all over the world, I havn't found it to be as bad here. However my son was spat at repeatedly on his way home from school by some other students and when I went in and complained the school couldn't have been more helpful. Both the offenders were suspended and had to write letters of apology. I was really pleased to see the school dealing with this sort of thing so positively, however I think this occured because he happened to be there, in the wrong place at the wrong time time, not beacuse he's english. As others have said, keeping your daughter at home till after christmas is probably the best and maybe she can look at some other schools with you? I encouraged my kids to find out of school activities for this very reason as girls in particular can be vile. I hope that you and your daughter find a school she enjoys going to and that she can enjoy here extended summer holidays now too x

• 2 months later...
Guest shellymc

Hi

This happened to my nephew in oz also, the annoying thing is that half of the Aussies come from other countries anyway and if they look back in their family tree they probably desend from convicts, the true Aussie which is the abo got driven out and treated awful by the whites. It really annoys me what gives them the right to do that to a child!!! My 8 year old son got bullied for 18 months, it was horrific. He now lacks in confidence and he is sure a lovely boy, just scared in case we come to oz and it all happens all over again. I don't think he could take it again. Hope you get things sorted

Took my 15 year old daughter out of school today.

She has been systematically bullied and today was surrounded by 25+ Year 9 and 10's.

Most of the bullying was because she's British.

For those of you planning the move, don't be put off, we just picked the wrong school.

Feel suddenly very sad, lonely and homesick :sad:

donna

thats awful,really feel for her and for you.is this happening out of school too ? what school is it and where about in adelaide do you live ?:policeman:

Guest Aussie pat

I have heard of bullying happening in both the UK and Australia. It's more about the culture within a particular school rather than the country the school is in.

My son's best friend at school in the UK had moved from his previous school as it all came to a head and his glasses were smashed. He experienced no bullying at all when he was at school with our boy. He is now a happy boy having moved up to high school.

Not all British children get treated in a negative way. Our daughter found she was a bit of a novelty and everyone loved her accent. She felt like a parrot as everyone wanted her to speak so they could hear it. Obviously now they're all used to it after 2 years and no one ever comments on it anymore.

So please don't think the worst.