Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Family cycling at Easter

Now that the cricket has almost finished, and cycling will be taking over the limelight..... thought it was a good time to post up some details about the Bicycle SA Easter Family Cycling weekend.

We went on a couple of these when we first arrived (when the kids were younger) and they are great - you meet lots of people have a great time and they're brilliantly organised. Not particularly cheap, but all your food is included, so all you need is a bike, some camping gear and your alcohol!

There are a range of organised rides for all ages and abilities- some more challenging, some for kids, plus of course an Easter Egg hunt, and a fun night ride (take your glow sticks with you!) Now I am the most reluctant cyclist (even now we have a tandem!) and can't say I've ever found enjoyment of any sort when in the saddle, but even I enjoyed these weekends (well, apart from the cycling bits!)

Here's the link anyway: (and worth thinking about joining as a member for lower prices too)

Bike SA : Easter Cycle

One final word of advice - if you are carrying your bikes on a rack at the back of your car or trailer, make sure you get an extra license plate to hang on the outside of the bikes, or risk a $370 on the spot fine from some jobsworth b***ard in a uniform!!!!

Just back from this. Great fun as ever, for all levels of cyclist (even the reluctant ones like me!) If anyone is thinking of something to do for next Easter, keep an eye on the Bike SA site, and come along. Couples, singles, families, even an amazing lady of 87 who happily went out on 70k rides!