Skills assessment, confused big time

Guest fishes20

Guest fishes20

Hi Dave

Any news yet!!!

I have just got my aknowledgement tra have got my docs, so its waiting time again, god everything seems to take an eternity, i sent them on the 12th of march lol.

still got to go through s.s yet and visa app and all before july 1st.

Jase

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just got my aknowledgement tra have got my docs, so its waiting time again, god everything seems to take an eternity, i sent them on the 12th of march lol.

still got to go through s.s yet and visa app and all before july 1st.

Jase

Hi make sure you get your SS in quick as they are taking the full 8 weeks to process, that's not including the 2 weeks it can take the paperwork to get there!

Guest fishes20

Hi there

I know I will have to send s.s before I get TRA result, but not to sure when, I am not using an agent so not sure of time line, just hoping TRA result comes through a little quicker, maybe claw some time back.

Jase

Hi Mate,

Make sure you get the s.s. application all ready to go while the Tra applcation is in. The wait time for the S.S. application is 6-8 weeks so you need to send everything as soon as you get a reply from the TRA.

No, still nowt. Melbourne are working on applications they received at back end of Oct at present. Mine went in at back end of November..................so the wait goes on.

Guest karenbonnar

I heard on here people getting quotes for a courier to deliver the documents rather than the royal mail. Might be an idea if you want to get in the queue ASAP. The SA website says that applications are processed in order of when the documents are received.

Guest fishes20

I cheesed right off, i dont think it will happen, unless a miracle occurs, I can send ss off before receiving tra but it does ask if youve had a positive skills assessment, If i just say yes on the hope it is positive, i may just scrape home, but if they compare dates, wont they smell a rat:policeman:. I know you have 30 days to get your docs in, but it is my only option i feel.:arghh:

Hi Jase,

Got great news today. We have been allocated a case officer. Melbourne have approved the company sponsorship and also the nomination for me as a printer. We also sold our house on Monday.

At this time, life could not be better................have waited long enough.:jiggy:

How are you, are you going to get it all in, in time?

A very happy dave.

Guest fishes20

Hi Dave

BRILLIANT NEWS, I would say put an extra shrimp on the barbie, but i may not get there to eat it.

you will have to let me know how you get on, what the works like etc.

Congratulations though and all the best in your new venture

jase

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jase,

How you getting on? Got any news whether you will meet the deadline?

We have got our medicals in Edinburgh on the 29th or this month. I nearly feel over when I found out what it will cost for the four of us. Might just a few quid back out of a thousand. Police checks also gone off and should be back next week.

House sale also going O.K.

We are just waiting for a glitch. Something is bound to stop us in our tracks as it seems to going to well. We are not that lucky.

Dave.

Guest Opportunities

Dave,

Don't think that! Don't wait for something to go haywire, just enjoy everyday! Not worth worrying about something when there is nothing, YET!!!!

Karen

x

Guest fishes20

Hi Dave

TRA has been successful, been updated today, cant believe it, defo got the time to lodge s.s now:D.

Stay positive mate, youll get there

Jase

Dave,

Don't think that! Don't wait for something to go haywire, just enjoy everyday! Not worth worrying about something when there is nothing, YET!!!!

Karen

x

Sorry Karen,

Offcourse you are quite right. It's the glass half empty side of me coming out. I'm sure it will all just fit into place and we will ride off into the sunset.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jase,

Just a quick update. Police checks all came back ok. Had our medicals on the day of the royal wedding. All seemed to go alright, getting results by this friday and then getting sent out. Medicals a peice of cake really. We were getting all in a flap over what they may find and seemed all good.

Hopefully, will know in a couple of weeks if everything is go. Thats if one or more of the medicals is not referred.

Dave

Guest fishes20

Hi Dave

Getting there mate, wont be long now. Got my state sponsorship application in about a week before deadline so just waiting again.

onwards and upwards

Jase