SA state sponsored timeline

Guest littlem

Guest littlem

Tori that's positive news once visa is lodged the age freezes. You can then always add ss to an excisting visa if you get it at a later date. However if you look at the cat3 thread they too are moving quite quickly. So that's not a bad option.

Good luck

Michelle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chickeni
Hi LittleM, just spoken with agent and looks as though we may just be able to go ahead with the skilled visa, hubby is 32 and cut off is 35 - VERYscared that it will take a while to process that way and that he will be too old by then but it looks like our only option so will go ahead with that.

Thanks for all the support on here, and good luck to everyone else, xxxx

Tori,

So sorry to hear your news! This process can be so cruel! Do you mean 42 and not 32? The cut off for skilled migration is 45? Dont give up. We spent the whole of last year aiming at WA and then had to re-evaluate our options as occupation not on the smp. There are other states - have a look if brickie us on other smp's? Where theres a will there IS a way.

Really gutted for you and really hope you can find another route. Let us know what you decide?

Sarah

X

Guest Opportunities

Tori,

I don't know what you motivation is for South Australia. Are you set on SA, or would you look at other states as well? I had a quick look, brickies are not on Victoria's SMP, but they are on New South Wales.

I agree with Michelle, get your skilled visa lodged and attach a SS later. One of the other guys on here also mentioned that they had their hearts set on WA, but had to change to SA because of the SMP. We visited Oz last year, in particular Melbourne and Adelaide. We then decided that Melbourne had better and more work opportunities for the OH, although we loved Adelaide as well,but his occupation was not on the SMP for Victoria, so we too had to change States.

Good luck!

Karen

x

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi LittleM, just spoken with agent and looks as though we may just be able to go ahead with the skilled visa, hubby is 32 and cut off is 35 - VERYscared that it will take a while to process that way and that he will be too old by then but it looks like our only option so will go ahead with that.

Thanks for all the support on here, and good luck to everyone else, xxxx

Hiya,

I'm soooo sorry you missed out on the smp! :sad: It is good though that you have the 175 to fall back on (I assume that's what you meant) and like the others said you can always add ss from another state or maybe SA again later on in the year if necessary. Please keep us updated on your progress. Thinking of you.

Cara xxx

Guest jools123

tori im so sorry youve been let down in this whole process, i agree with the others wheres there a wil there is a way we like others had wa ss then that all fell thru and sa had our occupation on ther list so as long as we get to oz we will make it our home, brickies are allways needed so it wont be off for long but in the meantime you have your 175 in........

good luck i am positive it will all work out in the end

jools x

Tori,

I am so sorry that your agent has confirmed it. I really feel so dissapointed for you guys.I agree, go the skilled visa way,anything to get there!

Like I said before, you are in my thoughts!

Karen

X

Ahh thanks Karen, like you said - anything to get there so we will have to sit tight and wait now - can't process our Visa until May as hubby needs 3yrs work exp, just hope the visa itself doesn;t take forever!

Tori that's positive news once visa is lodged the age freezes. You can then always add ss to an excisting visa if you get it at a later date. However if you look at the cat3 thread they too are moving quite quickly. So that's not a bad option.

Good luck

Michelle

Thanks so much for the info about the age feezing Little M - that's a huge relief to know (oh I don;t know where I would be without all the advice from you guys on here?!)

Will have a hunt for the cat3 thread - thanks for that tip (what does cat3 mean?) With adding the SS on to a visa, does that just mean that you apply for the visa and then if you get S it gets processed quicker? sorry for all the questions!!

Tori,

So sorry to hear your news! This process can be so cruel! Do you mean 42 and not 32? The cut off for skilled migration is 45? Dont give up. We spent the whole of last year aiming at WA and then had to re-evaluate our options as occupation not on the smp. There are other states - have a look if brickie us on other smp's? Where theres a will there IS a way.

Really gutted for you and really hope you can find another route. Let us know what you decide?

Sarah

X

Hi Sarah,

Our agent said that the age is 35? (although I'm not 100% trusting to what he says all the time so he may well have got that wrong) You poor things spending a whole year geared up to WA and then it all changing............must be hard as you no doubt did loads of research etc, we are on such a saving money mission that it feels as though our lives are on hold until we get there now!! We will all get there , oneday somehow and will have to meet up for some beers on the beach to have a much deserved celebration!!

We are going to apply for a skilled 175 visa though our agent said this can tacke up to 24 months to process although at least we have another option.

Tori,

I don't know what you motivation is for South Australia. Are you set on SA, or would you look at other states as well? I had a quick look, brickies are not on Victoria's SMP, but they are on New South Wales.

I agree with Michelle, get your skilled visa lodged and attach a SS later. One of the other guys on here also mentioned that they had their hearts set on WA, but had to change to SA because of the SMP. We visited Oz last year, in particular Melbourne and Adelaide. We then decided that Melbourne had better and more work opportunities for the OH, although we loved Adelaide as well,but his occupation was not on the SMP for Victoria, so we too had to change States.

Good luck!

Karen

x

Hi Karen, We lived in Sydney for 6 months and loved it there though think it's too expensive and not as geared up for young families as other places, we also loved Melbourne but Adelaide appears to be much more affordable, slightly smaller and with a more relaxed feel plus could afford a nicer place to live nearer to the beach so was the obvious choice for us. We will go for the 175 visa and keep our fingers crossed - how far along are you with the process?

Hiya,

I'm soooo sorry you missed out on the smp! :sad: It is good though that you have the 175 to fall back on (I assume that's what you meant) and like the others said you can always add ss from another state or maybe SA again later on in the year if necessary. Please keep us updated on your progress. Thinking of you.

Cara xxx

Hi Cara, thanks for your kind words - it's a bit of a rollercoaster this process isn;t it! (perhaps the UK should be more like Aus!) Thanks for the tips, can;t lodge 175 visa until May so will sit tight until then and then play the waiting game again.

Will make us all appreciate it all the more I suppose!

(Glass of red for me it is then!) x

tori im so sorry youve been let down in this whole process, i agree with the others wheres there a wil there is a way we like others had wa ss then that all fell thru and sa had our occupation on ther list so as long as we get to oz we will make it our home, brickies are allways needed so it wont be off for long but in the meantime you have your 175 in........

good luck i am positive it will all work out in the end

jools x

Thanks Jools - it's not the nicest process is it (especially after all the stress and money of getting the application done and documents sent etc!) But I suppose it's a step along the way and we are lucky enough to have the 175 option (phew!)

Thanks for the kind words, yep -we will ALL get there in the end and it will be SO worth it!!

Just thought I'd say a HUGE thanks to you all for your kind words and support - what a horrid day it has been, so disappointed but feeling very lucky that we have another option, wishing you all the best of luck with this tricky process and hope you've been able to enjoy the sun today (if you had any)

Now sitting down to a lovely glass of red.....

Guest Opportunities

Tori,

We are aslo waiting on SS approval. We submitted our application online on 1/03/11 and they acknowledged our application on 7/03/11. It's only been 4 weeks... My OH is a welder, so we are also desperately waiting for approval before the occupation has reached it's cap.

Karen

x

Tori,

We are aslo waiting on SS approval. We submitted our application online on 1/03/11 and they acknowledged our application on 7/03/11. It's only been 4 weeks... My OH is a welder, so we are also desperately waiting for approval before the occupation has reached it's cap.

Karen

x

Will keep my fingers crossed that there are plenty of places left for you - at least you are 4 weeks through, it's horrible not knowing and waiting isn't it! keep me updated on how you get on x

Guest leeannekays

Occupation Refrigeration & Airconditioning Mechanic

Vetassess Passes Feb 2011

Sponsorship Lodged 23rd March 2011

Documents Rec 5th April 2011

Sponsorship Granted - Hopefully soon

Guest littlem
hi littlem,

YIPPEE - can you update us as we got our visa last week on 1st April. Took us just over 2 years from starting out on the process. Soooo relieved to get all the stress over with. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

thanks

Whoo hoop! Congratulations. How exciting for you have you made any plans?

Michelle x

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara, thanks for your kind words - it's a bit of a rollercoaster this process isn;t it! (perhaps the UK should be more like Aus!) Thanks for the tips, can;t lodge 175 visa until May so will sit tight until then and then play the waiting game again.

Will make us all appreciate it all the more I suppose!

(Glass of red for me it is then!) x

OMG what a roller coaster, we'v ehad the opposite to most people, we found out about the SMP situation in July so decided to go for it (as wanted to do it for years), have worked flat out on AQFIII qualification, then skills assessemnt which we did ourselves then recruited an agent for ss and visa just to take the stress off and to have someone to ask questions etc. But we only just managed it all in time! So we haven't been doing the process long but we nearly missed the boat as we don't have enough points after 1st July and Gavs occupation was full 12 days after our ss! We might have been able to do the 175 but Gav would have needed ILETS and we're not sure if he would have got a high enough score.

Anyway, thankfully its only a month to wait (I say 'only' but it could have been worse) and at least you have a visa in, all the applications are moving faster now since the SMP's and if its not done by end of this year then you can probably as ss on to it again and you will be opne of the first ones this time!!

I hope you still stay on these threads (and the visa one) even though your circumstances have changed slightly as you're still one of us lol

Cara xxx

Guest Cara&Gav
hi littlem,

YIPPEE - can you update us as we got our visa last week on 1st April. Took us just over 2 years from starting out on the process. Soooo relieved to get all the stress over with. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

thanks

CONGRATULATIONS, fantastic news! Celebrations for you this weekend!

Cara xxx

OMG what a roller coaster, we'v ehad the opposite to most people, we found out about the SMP situation in July so decided to go for it (as wanted to do it for years), have worked flat out on AQFIII qualification, then skills assessemnt which we did ourselves then recruited an agent for ss and visa just to take the stress off and to have someone to ask questions etc. But we only just managed it all in time! So we haven't been doing the process long but we nearly missed the boat as we don't have enough points after 1st July and Gavs occupation was full 12 days after our ss! We might have been able to do the 175 but Gav would have needed ILETS and we're not sure if he would have got a high enough score.

Anyway, thankfully its only a month to wait (I say 'only' but it could have been worse) and at least you have a visa in, all the applications are moving faster now since the SMP's and if its not done by end of this year then you can probably as ss on to it again and you will be opne of the first ones this time!!

I hope you still stay on these threads (and the visa one) even though your circumstances have changed slightly as you're still one of us lol

Cara xxx

I say go for it with the IELTS test, my husband is self admitted terrible at english and struggles very much with it - he got 6's and 7's on his first test - re-took it a month later with no practice and got 8.5?! I think a lot if it is just luck!

I will def stay on these threads - great to see the progress of others and will take the advice of you lot on here and apply for the b=visa then hopefully get ss to add to it

thanks again for your support,

all the best

I've just read the following update on SA site (it might be useful for those, who are planning to apply for SS):

8 April 2011 - Important update about your sponsorship application

Sponsorship Applications under current Points Test -

submit by 5pm on 2 May 2011.

• to allow enough time for visa applications to be lodged with DIAC under the current Points Test, all completed applications should be received by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.
  • this means that your online sponsorship application and supporting documents should be submitted to and registered by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.
  • please be aware that the Online Application System will be closed at 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011. If your application is received after that time, it will not be processed.
  • Immigration SA will endeavour to finalise applications received by the May deadline before 1 July 2011, to enable you to lodge your visa application with DIAC under the current Points Test. Please check the Online Client Tracking System for results, which will be available as soon as a decision is made on your application.

• all applications will be processed in order of receipt of complete documentation. Please be aware that due to the anticipated volume of applications, Immigration SA cannot guarantee that all applications will be finalised before 1 July 2011.
  • you should also be aware that there are Planning Levels for all occupations on the current State Sponsored Migration List. Once the Planning Level for a specific occupation has been reached, that occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship. This means that applications already submitted for that occupation will not proceed
  • to be considered under the current Points Test, you need to lodge your visa application with DIAC before 1 July 2011; otherwise your visa application will be assessed against the new Points Test and criteria.
  • once details of South Australia’s Sponsorship criteria for 2011-2012 have been finalised, the Online Application System will be reopened.

Guest Cara&Gav
I say go for it with the IELTS test, my husband is self admitted terrible at english and struggles very much with it - he got 6's and 7's on his first test - re-took it a month later with no practice and got 8.5?! I think a lot if it is just luck!

I will def stay on these threads - great to see the progress of others and will take the advice of you lot on here and apply for the b=visa then hopefully get ss to add to it

thanks again for your support,

all the best

Hiya,

Luckily because we got the 176 we don't need the IELTS, thankfully!!

Good Luck hun & keep us posted

Cara xx

Guest littlem

Just bringing the list forward so people can see it, i dont think we are due any grants next week but i would like to see some, good luck for everyone still waiting. If i have missed any updates then please let me know.

Thanks x

December 2010 - 3 approved

Sharons Dream - Ss lodged 8/12/10 - Approved 28/2/11

Cara&Gav - Plasterer - SS lodged 28/12/10 - Approved 16/3/11

Lisa Sedgley - Staff Nurse (medical) - SS lodged 28/12/10 - Approved 2/3/11

January 2011 - 4 waiting 20 approved

Name - Littlem - SA SS lodged - 6/1 - Approved 28/2

Name - Mr & Mrs T - SA SS lodged - 6/1 Approved - 25/3/11

Name - Stephen and Rachel - SA SS lodged - 6/1 - Approved - 21/3/11

Name - Meldrew9799 - SA SS lodged 06-01-11 - Approved - 22/3/11

Name - Johnny Walker - SA SS lodged 7/1/11 - Approved 24/3/11

Name- Jwana - SA SS Lodged 7/1/11 - Approved 24/1/11

Si, Su and Steph

Occ – Sheet Metal Worker

SA SS lodged – 8/1

Paperwork rec’d – 28/1

Visa lodged – 175 8/1/2010

SS granted – we live in hope

Visa granted – we live in even more hope

Name - Louby Lou, SA SS lodged - 08/01/11 - Approved - 21/3/11

name - alex27

Occ - primary school teacher

SA SS lodged - 9/11/11

Paperwork received - 25/1/11

SS granted- Approved 21/2/11

Visa lodged - 175 lodged in Oct 2009-moved to cat 4 in July 2010. Hoping to switch to 176 with SA SS

Visa granted - ????

Name - Jay & Lou

Occ - Binder and finisher

SS SA lodged - 10/01/11

Paperwork received - 18/01/11

SS granted - 16 March

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - hope in 2011 :D

Name- lena007

ss lodge 11/1/11

docs received 17/1/11

SS Approved 2/3/11

Name - natmark

Occ - Project/Program Administrator

SA SS lodged - 11/1/11

Paperwork received - 28/1/11

SS granted? - 22/3/11

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - I wish!

Name - Clan Fortune (Elizabeth)

Occ - Registered General Nurse

SA SS lodged - 13/1/11

SS granted - 23/3/11

Visa lodged - Not yet

Visa granted - 2011 sometime hopefully

Name - Neil & Kerry

Occ - Telecommunications Engineer

SS SA lodged - 13th Jan 2011

Paperwork received - 28th Jan 2011

SS granted - 23/3/11

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - Hoping for Nov/Dec 2011, really don't want to do another xmas in the UK !

Name - Fade

SA SS Applied: 14 January 2011

Document received and Application being assessed: 18 January 2011

Approval: Still waiting...

Name Debbie & Graham + 2

Occ. Hairdresser

SA ss online 14/01/11

Docs rec. 28/01/11

SS granted? 22/3/11

Visa lodged 175 Oct 09

Name- chicken1

Skill- Cabenetmaker

AQFIII achieved Feb 2010

Positive TRA July 2010

Spent 6 months waiting for SMPs!

SA SS applied 14th Jan 2011

Docs received 28th Jan 2011

SS Approved 22/3/11

Name - Leccyman

Occ - Electrician

SA SS lodged - 17/1/11

SS granted - 1/2/11

Visa lodged - was lodged in April 09 as family sponsored originally

Visa granted - not yet

jools123 aka juliette hammon

176 applied for 14-11-09

ss online submitted 17-1-11

ss docs received 10-2-11 (thanks to royal mail taking 3 weeks)

SA SS Approved - 31/3/11

occupation hairdresser

Fabulous news - really pleased for you

Name - Claire & Ross

Occ - Electrician (Ross)

SA SS lodged - 18/01/2011

Paperwork received - 02/02/2011

SS granted? - 28/3/11

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - sometime in 2011 we hope!!

Emma&vas

Occ Hairdresser

175 lodged 25/06/09

WA SS Applied 20/08/09 Rec 18/02/10

SA SS online applied 18/01/11

Doc rec 04/02/11

SA SS approved - 29/3/11

Fantastic news congrats!

Name - BOCS

Occ - Supply Chain Manager

SA SS lodged - 25/01/2011

Paperwork received - 15/02/2011 - re sent 4/4/11 :-(

SS granted? - still waiting

Visa lodged - Sept 2009

Visa granted - sometime in 2011 I hope

Mervyn and Lindie

Occ- Wall and floor tiler

SA SS lodged -26/01

Paper worked received- 14\2

SS Granted- 4/4/11

Visa lodged-not yet

STILL WAITING....

Congratulations on your approval :-))

February 2011 - 1 waiting 3 Approved

Name - Steve & Wendy

Occ - Motor-Mechanic

SA SS lodged - 02-02-2011

Paperwork received - 11-02-2011

SS granted - 4/4/11

Visa lodged - Not yet

Visa granted - 2011 sometime hopefully

Fantastic news congratulations!

nic-manchester - nicola and nathan

bricklayer

ss application - 03.02.11

paper work received hopefully this week! TODAY 09.02.11 YIPPEE

ss granted - 6/4/11

visa lodged - not yet

visa granted - hoprfully this year early next

adleaide here we come :cute:

Visa granted - Not yet

Fantastic news!

Name: Mary

Positive skills assessment: 03/02/2011

SA SS lodged: 11/02/2011

Paperwork received & application being assessed: 24/02/2011

SA SS granted - 6/4/11

Visa lodged - Not yet

Whoooo hooo! fantastic news, good luck lodging the visa x

Steph&Lee

SA ss lodged 28/2

Paperwork recieved 17/3

SS approved

March 2011 - 7 waiting

Opportunities (Tian, Karen,& family)

SA SS applied - 1/3/11

Paperwork recieved - 7/3/11

SS Approved

Name - Vasko & Biljana

Occ - Electronic Equipment Trades Worker

SA SS lodged -03-03-2011

Paperwork received - 07-03-2011

SS granted - still waiting

Visa lodged - Not yet

Visa granted - We hope soon as posible

Name - Nicki & Rob, Jacob & Evelyn

Occ - Electrician (Rob)

Vetassess passed - Dec 2010

SA SS lodged - 03/03/2011

Paperwork received - 17/03/2011

SS granted - Not yet

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - not yet

Hope to move to SA Autumn next year - fingers crossed

Name - Steve and Vicky Reynolds (plus Tabitha Reynolds - nearly 1)

Occ - Bricklayer

SA SS lodged - 9/3/2011

Paperwork received - 15/3/2011

SS granted? - not yet

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - not yet

Hughes'Roberts (Nat & Gaz)

Occ - Painter & Decorator

SA SS lodged 9/3/11

Paperwork recd 17/3/11

SS Granted

Visa Lodged

Visa granted

Name - Shane & Helen Rimmer (plus 6 Children)

Occ - Metal Machinist (First Class)

SA SS lodged - 13/3/2011

Paperwork received -

SS granted? -

Visa lodged -

Visa granted -

Name - Kevin and Vicky (boys Glenn 4 and baby Alex )

Occ - Diesel Mechanic

SA SS lodged - 15/3/2011

Paperwork received - 18/3

SS granted? - not yet

Visa lodged - not yet

Visa granted - not yet

Michelle x

Guest hosein

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I have a question about commitment to South Australia research. In the SA website a research about South Australia has been mentioned as one of of the requirements and I have filled the related forms in online application, but I don't know if it is required to send a hard copy of my research as well or not?

In some parts of forum people have said that they have sent a hard copy, but as far as I see, it is not mentioned in the cover sheet checklist.

Please let me know you experience and which documents you have sent by mail.

( I am applying for state sponsorship-176 visa)

Thanks