leelee53

SS Application Q's

Hi,

We are about to lodge our SS application with SA and wondered if anyone could advise us on the type of questions that are asked. Is it quite a long application form? Is there anything we should know before starting the application?

Any help with this is much appreciated as we are doing the whole process alone due to a bad initial expereince with an agent.

Thankyou ;o)

Guest littlem
    Hi,

We are about to lodge our SS application with SA and wondered if anyone could advise us on the type of questions that are asked. Is it quite a long application form? Is there anything we should know before starting the application?

Any help with this is much appreciated as we are doing the whole process alone due to a bad initial expereince with an agent.

Thankyou ;o)

Its very straightforward, you need to put employment history in, state why you want to live in SA and list companies that deal with your occupation, they key part is why you want to live there. You can do a few boxes, 5 if i remember right of up to about 250 words each.

Hope that helps, as long as you have done your research and can put into words what SA has to offer you i am sure you will find it okay.

Michelle

Guest helene73
    Hi,

Thankyou ;o)

I am just filling In my SS application nothing tricky on it they want to about your funds ie need $30.000 if there's is 2 of you more if your a family.

Travel friends and family in oz, why SA, and how you will support yourselves if you can't find a Job, that kinda stuff. Good luck :)

Oh thanks alot for such a prompt reply Michelle! ;o)

Yes that does help, thankyou. My only worry is that we will probably say the same reasons for wanting to move as everyone else, i.e. climate, outdoor lifestyle, family time etc, but we will certainly try and think of more reasons besides!

thanks again x

Guest littlem
    Oh thanks alot for such a prompt reply Michelle! ;o)

Yes that does help, thankyou. My only worry is that we will probably say the same reasons for wanting to move as everyone else, i.e. climate, outdoor lifestyle, family time etc, but we will certainly try and think of more reasons besides!

thanks again x

I don't know if it will help but we broke ours down, a bit about us as a family and hobbies interests new opportunities in SA for us adults

Location we looking to settle houses, local clubs etc

Work opportunities, research we had done

Living costs against anticipated salary etc

Education and opportunities for children

That's a rough gist of what we did

Michelle