Going from 475 to perm visa

Guest JT1

Provisional visa holders do not have to redo Medicals. Scroll down this page and look at the section on reusing medicals. It is clear on the PDF link from that section (2nd page) that unless your medical circumstances have changed dramatically then as long as you had a "permanent" medical which you did, then you can reuse it.

Health Requirements for Visa Applicants

I would suggest that you send this to your case officer.

Just thought I would update you, I just go an e-mail from Case Officer to apologies profusely had sent the wrong info, no need to do Medicals, said he had got his fact wrong - was a new guy!!! I am relieved but speechless at the way official departments get things wrong! Oh well at least I can calm down now I don't need to spend $600 extra. So if anyone else gets in this same situation hope this helps- medicals are NOT required unless you spent time out of Australia. Cheers

Forgive me if I am repeating stuff that's already been mentioned. We were recently granted our 887 visa, having been here for three years on the 475's predecessor, the 495.

My OH met the work criteria by working 30 hours in a permanent sales job and the remaining 5+ hours per week from his proper occupation of lecturing BUT these uni hours were contracted over two semesters (totaling 26 weeks per year) which meant we had huge gaps in between his contracts - hence the reason it took us until we'd been here for almost three years before we could apply. It was complicated to evidence but we were granted the visa despite the fragmented nature of his work. So it is ok to accumulate the working hours as long as you only evidence weeks of 35 hours or more. Remember, Australian employment is very much contract based and many, many people will have to work this way so I think DIAC are understanding of this.

Good luck for when you apply.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lulujim

What a relief we don't have to re-do meds! I amm applying on the 22nd April - 2 yrs to the day - and was worried about the cost of doing the meds. Phew! :notworthy:

• 1 month later...

Hi does anyone know how much is it for the convertion of the 475 visa to permanent and also has anyone had a baby here on a 475 - how do you add them and do we need to apply for a british passport ??

Guest Lulujim

Hi, I just wanted to re-itterate the info about the Meds, and thank people that have already contributed to this thread. We were asked to have a new Med Exam done for our 2 yr old daughter by our CO. I thought this would be because she's been to hospital twice in the time we've been here (adenoids out and grommits in!) or maybe because she was under 1 when she had her first med in the UK.

Anyway, I booked her in, keen to get PR asap, and emailed my CO to clarify she DEFINITELY needed the medical. I had no reply, and gave up after being on hold for 1hr 40 mins on the phone.

I got to the Medicare Med Place in the City and paid my $200 for her medical. She was weighed and measured, and we went back to the waiting room to wait for the dr. While we were there I checked my emails on my phone and got one from my CO saying, No, it was a mistake, she didn't need a Medical, and our PR was granted!!! Luckily the receptionist was v understanding and refunded me and off I went!! :jiggy:

If I hadn't have read this post I wouldn't have known that Meds weren't necessary and to query it - so a big Thank you to those that posted on this thread. :notworthy:

One quick question: Now it has been granted where do I get my visa labelly thing for the passports from? How soon can we register for Family Benefits and what do we need to take to Centrelink??? :goofy:

• 2 months later...
Guest toniomacalister9

G'day kind people! I need some assistance please!

I'm a bachelor and I arrived Adelaide on a SIR 475 visa on July 2010. I was living at a friend's house in Campbelltown for 5 months without paying any rent until I secured a full-time employment. Hence I din't have any rent receipts or bills in my name. The only records I have is (1) the TFN letter which was posted to me in August, (2) Job confirmation letter from my Employer in September and (3) my vehicle rego in October.

I moved out to another accommodation in December where I am having an agreement and rent reciepts in my name.

Question is, as I am preparing to apply for my PR, will I be able to apply in July 2012 showing my available records (TFN letter, Vehicle Rego and Job letter) or should I wait until December 2012?

What other documents would DIAC accept other than rent receipts, utility bills, school reports? I doubt whether they accept Vehicle rego bill.

Please assist!

Cheers,

Tonio.

• 7 months later...
Guest ozwonderful

Hi, Anyone can assist? I don't have rent agreement as I shared accommodation. I have other evidence like bank statement, phone bill, car rego, payslip, insurance certificate... Would that be sufficient? Please advise.

Guest ozwonderful
G'day kind people! I need some assistance please!

I'm a bachelor and I arrived Adelaide on a SIR 475 visa on July 2010. I was living at a friend's house in Campbelltown for 5 months without paying any rent until I secured a full-time employment. Hence I din't have any rent receipts or bills in my name. The only records I have is (1) the TFN letter which was posted to me in August, (2) Job confirmation letter from my Employer in September and (3) my vehicle rego in October.

I moved out to another accommodation in December where I am having an agreement and rent reciepts in my name.

Question is, as I am preparing to apply for my PR, will I be able to apply in July 2012 showing my available records (TFN letter, Vehicle Rego and Job letter) or should I wait until December 2012?

What other documents would DIAC accept other than rent receipts, utility bills, school reports? I doubt whether they accept Vehicle rego bill.

Please assist!

Cheers,

Tonio.

I'm in the same boat with you. I dont hv rent receipts/agreement...

You would have pay slips wouldnt you? What about bank statements - it will say where you shopped and where you drew money. What about sporting clubs or any organisations that you joined where you attended meetings etc. I didnt have proof for all my time in the form of rent receipts as I was renting privately and some were just generic receipts from a receipt book so didnt even have the address. Your tax return will also give your address.

If you have details of interviews you attended or job applications you sent out those would prove you were living there too. Sometimes you have to be a bit creative as you dont always enter into a rental contract or have full time employment from the word go.