SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Michelle,

I need your guidance. Whilst waiting on the SS I am gathering all the docs for the visa application.

Here goes...

i)When submitting the application do you submit online and attach the docs only or do you send the hard copy as well? What happens if you struggle with the uploading of the docs, do you then only send a hard copy as your application?

ii)My OH is a tradesperson and gets paid weekly. Do I submit payslips for 12 months, which will add up to 48-52 payslips for the year! I will submit the bankstatements that reflects the transfers as well.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Thanks

Karen

x

Hi Karen, I did application myself uploading docs is really easy. You dont need to send originals, on the payslip thing can you not just send P60. Your OH will get one of these this week or next from employer. I think it is possible to also send docs by post but wouldnt advise this as much easier on line.

Stephen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michelle,

I need your guidance. Whilst waiting on the SS I am gathering all the docs for the visa application.

Here goes...

i)When submitting the application do you submit online and attach the docs only or do you send the hard copy as well? What happens if you struggle with the uploading of the docs, do you then only send a hard copy as your application?

ii)My OH is a tradesperson and gets paid weekly. Do I submit payslips for 12 months, which will add up to 48-52 payslips for the year! I will submit the bankstatements that reflects the transfers as well.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Thanks

Karen

x

HI there Karen, You only have to submit the the docs online if you apply for an online visa. You do not have to send a hard copy what so ever.

If you are getting extra points for work experience, I would submit payslips from 3,5 years back and 1 of every 6 months from then on. That will do!

Good luck!

Steven

Guest natmark

Congrats on the CO's and medicals everyone. Seems like things are moving at lightning speed at the moment!

Just wish the baby would hurry up so we can do our meds too!

Guest Opportunities

Stephen,

I don't know what a P60 is. I am South African and not sure what everyone is referring to.

Thanks to all for the advice re online application or hard copy.

Karen

x

Guest Clan Fortune
Hi Karen, I did application myself uploading docs is really easy. You dont need to send originals, on the payslip thing can you not just send P60. Your OH will get one of these this week or next from employer. I think it is possible to also send docs by post but wouldnt advise this as much easier on line.

Stephen

Hi everyone

Is it possible to get back into your application to attach more documents. When I was uploading docs it redirected me to page which said not available and signed me out. When I tried to sign back in I can't find the link how to continue uploading my docs. I'm a bit worried now as I haven't finished uploading everything. Can anyone give advice, please.

Elizabeth

Guest Clan Fortune

Hi Michelle,

Can you add my timeline please. Our Visa application was lodged this morning.

SA SS approved 23/03/2011

176 Visa Lodged 05/04/2011

Case Officer - Not Yet

Visa Granted - Not Yet

Thanks.

Guest Clan Fortune
Hi everyone

Is it possible to get back into your application to attach more documents. When I was uploading docs it redirected me to page which said not available and signed me out. When I tried to sign back in I can't find the link how to continue uploading my docs. I'm a bit worried now as I haven't finished uploading everything. Can anyone give advice, please.

Elizabeth

Panic over, I found the link :)

Guest chickeni
Hi everyone

Elizabeth

When I did mine I attached one document then said "OK" which took me back to the list to show it has uploaded it. The I would attach the next. I did it this way as previously I had spent 30 mins or so doing them all then pressed the wrong button and because I had done them all in one go i.e. not clicking "ok" or "done" after each one (can't remember exactly what it says) I ended up having to do them all again!

Here is the link to "attaching documents" Attaching Documents to an Online Application

Assuming it is for a 176 the direct link is https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Hope this helps and makes sense?

Sarah

x

Guest chickeni
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the links.

I've reached my maximum for uploading docs. Is there an email I can send my others docs to?

This should help ......

"If for any reason you cannot attach documents in the browser then you can

email the documents as scanned attachments to the following email address:"

gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

Sarah

x

Guest littlem

Morning everyone, Welcome to Clanfortune, congratulations on getting the visa lodged xx

October 2008 - 1 waiting

Stephen69 - Stephen Rachel and Amy

SA SS approved - 21/3/11

Visa lodged - 11/10/08

Police checks sent - 23/3/11

Meds booked 5/5/11

April 2009 - 1 waiting

Mrs & Mrs T (This is an error i am actually married to a man but it makes a nice change!!!)

Visa 176 lodged - 06/04/2009

SA SS Approved - 25/03/2011

CO - Not yet

Visa approval - Maybe one day

June 2009 - 3 waiting

WAITINGGAME - Lindsey, Spencer, Declan and Dylan

SS approved - I got SS for QLD in Feb 09, now changed our minds to SA

175 Visa lodged - 13/06/09

Case Officer - 22/02/11

Medicals booked - 01/04/11

Police Checks - Finalised

Visa Granted - Not yet

Meldrew9799

175 Visa Lodged 22-06-09

SS applied 06-01-11

SS granted 21-03-11

CO agent said 2 to 3 weeks, HOPE SO

visa granted ????

Emma&Vas

SA SS Approved- 29/03/11

Visa Lodged- 25/06/09

Case Officer- Not Yet

Visa Granted- ????

October 2009 - 1 waiting

Heys4oz - Debbie,Graham,Auckland(9),Sophie(8)

SA SS approved-22/03/11

Visa lodged-20/10/09

Case officer-we live in hope

Visa granted-???

November 2009 - 1 waiting

jools 123

hairdresser

ss received - 31/3/11

visa lodged - 14/11/09

meds and pcs - 19/7/10

co - soon i hope

Littlem - Michelle & John

SA SS approved - 28/2/11

Visa lodged - 27/11/09

Case Officer 23/3/11 - thats the best bit

Meds 4/4/11, police checks - still waiting

Visa Granted - soon i hope

April 2010 - 1 waiting

Jemima - OH ROOF TILER

STARTED..8/07 AQF..5/09 TRA...10/09

SA STATE SPONSORSHIP...30/04/10

VISA APPLICATION...7/05/10 CHANGES TO STATESPONSORSHIP PRIORITY4... 1/07/10

SMP RELEASED PRIORITY 2...25/01/11

GOT CO...17/02/11 POLICE CHECKS...14/3/11

MEDS...21/3/11

NOW WAITING....

March 2011 - 12 waiting

Sharons dream - Sharon

SS approved 28/2/11

Visa lodged. 7/3/11

Case officer - 25/3/11

New life starting 2011 hopefully!!!

Baggienurse- Lisa

SA SS confirmed 3/3/11

AHPRA docs sent 4/3/11

176 visa lodged 10/3/11

CO appointed 23/3/11

Police clearance sent 24/3/11

Medicals booked 13/4/11

Visa granted- hope so soon

The Reeds - Agent contacted Jan 09

Skills assessed March 09

SS granted 16.3.11 (Yay!)

176 application submitted 17.3.11

police checks sent 27.3.11

meds booked 18.4.11

Case officer: not yet

Jay & Lou - Jay and Louise

SA SS approved - 16/03/11

176 Visa lodged - 21/03/11

Case officer - Soon I hope

Visa granted - Not yet.

Chickeni - Sarah, Kev, Chloe & Harry

SA SS Approved 22/3/11

Visa Lodged 23/3/11

Case Officer - Not yet

Police Checks - Sent off 24/3/11 (thought we'd risk it!)

Medicals - Not yet (not going to risk it as expensive!)

Visa Approved - Not yet

Hoping to go in Sept 2011 if we get it in time.

chrisfen46, Nicol, Ben & Luke Fenech

SA Approved 22/03/2011

Visa Lodged 23/03/2011

Case Officer Not Yet

natmark - Natalie, Mark, Ella (2), and bump (due 14.4.11)

SA SS approved - 22.3.11

Visa lodged - 24.3.11

Case officer - hopefully not long

Visa granted - soon?

Cara&Gav

SA SS approved - 16/3/11

Visa lodged - 25/3/11

Case Officer - soon I hope

Visa Granted - can't wait!

Hoping to move to Oz about this time next year!

johnny.w . electrician

ss approved 24/3/11

visa lodged 29/3/11

co not yet

Louby Lou

SA SS approved - 21/3/11

Visa lodged - 30/03/11

Case Officer - Not Yet

Visa Granted - Nope

Name - Owenker4 - Neil & Kerry

Occ - Telecommunications Engineer

SS SA lodged - 13th Jan 2011

Paperwork received - 28th Jan 2011

SS granted - 23rd March 2011

Visa lodged - 30th March 2011

Visa granted - Hoping for Nov/Dec 2011, really don't want to do another xmas in the UK !

Clan fortune

SA SS approved 23/03/2011

176 Visa Lodged 05/04/2011

Case Officer - Not Yet

Visa Granted - Not Yet

Michelle x

Guest Clan Fortune

I think I've been quite relaxed...until now. Now the visa is lodged I feel very stressed, lots of things I'm worrying about!! So much to do and so little time!! I'm terrified our application will be refused arrrrgghh. Anyone else feeling the same way. Hubby tells me to relax but it's so difficult and its not even been one day. I think a big glass of wine tonight will be in order.

Elizabeth x x x x

Guest jools123

I received my 1100 notification email on friday which was a automated email does anybody know how long diac take to acnowledge receipt of the form

joolsx

Guest chickeni
I received my 1100 notification email on friday which was a automated email does anybody know how long diac take to acnowledge receipt of the form

joolsx

Not sure but I assume when you get a case officer? Anyone know otherwise?

Sarah

Guest littlem

joolsx

Hi jools diac don't acknowledge it. As s guide ours took a couple of days. I called diac and they confirmed it had been received.

MIchelle

Guest Cara&Gav
I think I've been quite relaxed...until now. Now the visa is lodged I feel very stressed, lots of things I'm worrying about!! So much to do and so little time!! I'm terrified our application will be refused arrrrgghh. Anyone else feeling the same way. Hubby tells me to relax but it's so difficult and its not even been one day. I think a big glass of wine tonight will be in order.

Elizabeth x x x x

You're not the only one! OMG I keep getting stressed about every little thing whether it is that we wont get the visa for various reasons, how much there is to do before we go, missing friends family, then worrying I'm worrying and done all this for nothing if we don't get it :arghh: It will be such a relief when we actually get the visa! Yes there'll still be worries, stresses & concerns but at least we'll know we are definitely going then!

On the other hand I have moments when I just wish we were going tomorrow rather than having a year to wait!

Still I keep trying to remind myself that I never imagined getting this far.

I dont know how people have got through this for 2/3 years :notworthy:

Cara xxx

Hi Cara, we have done this for well over two years. Things are not the same now as we are at the top of the list. When we started we put our lives on hold, dont do this its not a good thing get on with things. Now we live like nothing is going to change, even though we know it will. We even stopped buying things for house, we ended up having chipped cups and plates lol. We intend taking everything with us which makes it much easier to carry on as normal. Remember due to our pound been weak and dollar been strong, anything we buy when we get there will feel like it costs 25% more if we use savings.

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara, we have done this for well over two years. Things are not the same now as we are at the top of the list. When we started we put our lives on hold, dont do this its not a good thing get on with things. Now we live like nothing is going to change, even though we know it will. We even stopped buying things for house, we ended up having chipped cups and plates lol. We intend taking everything with us which makes it much easier to carry on as normal. Remember due to our pound been weak and dollar been strong, anything we buy when we get there will feel like it costs 25% more if we use savings.

I really feel for you but good for you for hanging on in there. We also are planning on taking everything, like you say we can still buy nice things if we want as we know we are taking it. And also it is cheaper in the long run. We have also booked some nice things with friends and family this year, concerts, theatre tickets, I've booked my dad a legends tour of the emirates for us to go to etc so lots of exciting things to enjoy in hopefully our last year here. We also have quite a lot to do on getting our flat done up as well to get it ready to rent out.

Very good advice though thanks, I do feel sometimes I'm wishing the days away til we go but we should just try to enjoy the time we have here, less stressful and make the most of it.

Cara x

Guest Clan Fortune

Cara, thats a nice thought to book nice things to do with the family. My problem is that my sister and mum are a little in denial, change the subject when I try to talk about emigrating. I'm hoping when I tell them my visa application is lodged they will be a little happier for me and the family. My brother is in Western Australia and I have family in Sydney and they are the ones who are really supportive.

Stephen, I feel for you to have been waiting for so long but things are on the move and fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

We are also planning on taking everything and nearer the time I'll prob buy bits and pieces to take over. I have a bit of work to do in the house and fingers crossed it will sell ok when we put on the market. There is just so much to think about I've started taking notes and making a list.

Elizabeth

Guest Cara&Gav
Cara, thats a nice thought to book nice things to do with the family. My problem is that my sister and mum are a little in denial, change the subject when I try to talk about emigrating. I'm hoping when I tell them my visa application is lodged they will be a little happier for me and the family. My brother is in Western Australia and I have family in Sydney and they are the ones who are really supportive.

Stephen, I feel for you to have been waiting for so long but things are on the move and fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

We are also planning on taking everything and nearer the time I'll prob buy bits and pieces to take over. I have a bit of work to do in the house and fingers crossed it will sell ok when we put on the market. There is just so much to think about I've started taking notes and making a list.

Elizabeth

Hiya,

Well my mum doesn't like talking about it and its difficult as she makes me feel guilty like 'I'll be on my own at Christmas' etc My closest friends are very supportive and my dad they've been great but now its more real I feel bad talking about it as I know they feel upset but are putting a brave face on and that hurts me that I'm hurting them. I haven't booked the nice things as a connection to going to Oz in their eyes. I've just booked them for Birthdays, fathers/mothers day etc and some of them we just want to go to! We've got other friends, more Gavs friends who arent very supportive, don't really believe we are going & we've had sarcastic comments and suchforth. It's upsetting but we'll have the last laugh when we're on the beach! And we decide who gets to visit! ha! xx

ps if you're interested I collated a spreadsheet from the 'to do' thread I started of things to do but broken down into, now, 6 months to go,3 months to go etc.. dont mind sending it if it would be helpful have sent it to a few people already.

Guest Cara&Gav

Morning everyone,

Any news today? I see Mary is going to be joining us from the sponsorship thread. I really hope Nic gets it today.

Quick question, do you pay for the meds when you book or when you actually go to the appointment?

Cara

Guest Opportunities

Cara,

We are only at the SS Application process, but my parents have made it very clear that they think the whole idea is ridiculous! They do not support this at all. Therefore, we have not spoken to anyone about the whole migration process in the last year, from the date that my OH went for his assessment to have his skills recognised in Australia. They came right out and said that they hope it goes poor with the assessment and that he is not successful. Hence the reason not to talk about it anymore.

Myself, OH and eldest daughter discuss the migration issues literally when nobody is around. My daughter is almost 15 and where I thought that she would be the hurdle to get over, she is experiencing the whole process as a positive change she says!

Good luck with your family. It is difficult for those left behind as we that are planning to go, look forward to a whole new better life with greater opportunities and possibilities!

Karen

x

Guest littlem

Hi Karen it must be really hard not having support from the family, it's stressful enough without walking on egg shells around people. It's great that your daughter can see the benefits and is sharing the process with you. At the end of the day you are doing what feels right for your family so go for it. Family will always be there but remember when you get to the other side you will form a new family circle built up if friends that have all gone through the process. So you will be ok.

I am sure when the family realise it is actual and get the chance to visit you they will understand why you have made the change.

Michelle

Cara,

We are only at the SS Application process, but my parents have made it very clear that they think the whole idea is ridiculous! They do not support this at all. Therefore, we have not spoken to anyone about the whole migration process in the last year, from the date that my OH went for his assessment to have his skills recognised in Australia. They came right out and said that they hope it goes poor with the assessment and that he is not successful. Hence the reason not to talk about it anymore.

Myself, OH and eldest daughter discuss the migration issues literally when nobody is around. My daughter is almost 15 and where I thought that she would be the hurdle to get over, she is experiencing the whole process as a positive change she says!

Good luck with your family. It is difficult for those left behind as we that are planning to go, look forward to a whole new better life with greater opportunities and possibilities!

Karen

x