SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Guest littlem
Meds booked 5th April in Birmingham woohoo xxx

Goodluck Sharon were having ours done in Maidenhead on 4th. :-))) hope it all goes well, although got to get the kids to pee in a cup on demand yet lol!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest karyn1

SS SA approved October 09

Visa lodged October 09

Case Officer assigned Feb 11

Medicals March 4th 11

PC's and passports renewed,submitted 21st March 11

VISA GRANTED March 28th 2011:biglaugh:

Guest littlem
SS SA approved October 09

Visa lodged October 09

Case Officer assigned Feb 11

Medicals March 4th 11

PC's and passports renewed,submitted 21st March 11

VISA GRANTED March 28th 2011:biglaugh:

Fantastic news karyn congratulations! Have you made plans for when you are going?

Michelle x

Guest Cara&Gav

Morning everyone,

Our application was lodged Friday and we have a receipt for payment but the money is still sitting on our credit card. Did anyone else have this? Does it take some time to come off or does someone take the money later on ie when we have a CO? I'd feel happier once the money has gone!

Claire I can't help with the relationship docs I'm afraid as we just sent our marriage certificate. Other than it is just Birth certificates, 3 years accounts for Gavin, copy of my passport (They already have gavins), 2 passport size photo's each with name & DOB on the back, we had to send an updated reference from Gavins dad as the first didnt confirm he has been a solid plasterer for the required time. Also, Gavins AQFIII certificate (they already have TRA skills assessment certificate). Then we got all the docs certified by our solicitor (we are lucky he is a family friend). Hope that helps.

Stephen I would imagine that if you don't have an agent they will contact you direct. I think they use the contact details they have whether it be agent or applicant.

I feel really stressed about it all for some reason, maybe its partly because the reality has kicked in and knowing how much we have to do (and spend out to get our flat finished etc).

Cara xx

Guest chickeni
Morning everyone,

Our application was lodged Friday and we have a receipt for payment but the money is still sitting on our credit card. Did anyone else have this? Does it take some time to come off or does someone take the money later on ie when we have a CO? I'd feel happier once the money has gone!

Claire I can't help with the relationship docs I'm afraid as we just sent our marriage certificate. Other than it is just Birth certificates, 3 years accounts for Gavin, copy of my passport (They already have gavins), 2 passport size photo's each with name & DOB on the back, we had to send an updated reference from Gavins dad as the first didnt confirm he has been a solid plasterer for the required time. Also, Gavins AQFIII certificate (they already have TRA skills assessment certificate). Then we got all the docs certified by our solicitor (we are lucky he is a family friend). Hope that helps.

Stephen I would imagine that if you don't have an agent they will contact you direct. I think they use the contact details they have whether it be agent or applicant.

I feel really stressed about it all for some reason, maybe its partly because the reality has kicked in and knowing how much we have to do (and spend out to get our flat finished etc).

Cara xx

Hi Cara,

I'm pretty sure they only take the money when a CO is allocated. I.E. when they start proper work on it. Ours hasn't been taken yet either so don't worry.

Sarah

x

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara,

I'm pretty sure they only take the money when a CO is allocated. I.E. when they start proper work on it. Ours hasn't been taken yet either so don't worry.

Sarah

x

Ah Ok thanks Sarah, at least I know what to expect and I put more than enough on there so just need not to use the card to be on the safe side lol I suppose when the money goes we know somethings happening!

Cara xx

Guest chickeni
Ah Ok thanks Sarah, at least I know what to expect and I put more than enough on there so just need not to use the card to be on the safe side lol I suppose when the money goes we know somethings happening!

Cara xx

Hi again Cara,

After your question I thought I would log on to my credit card and check this am and the money has been taken! I have also heard sometimes of credit card transactions being blocked due to the amount so might just be worth a double check with your card provider to make sure it's in the system ok - or if they haven't requested it yet that they won't block it for any weird reason?

Sarah

x

Guest littlem

Morning everyone, Here is todays list, welcome, emma&vas, jonnyw and Jay & Lou.

Stephen69 - Stephen Rachel and Amy

SA SS approved - 21/3/11

Visa lodged - 11/10/08

Case Officer - Not yet

Visa Granted - Not yet

Mrs & Mrs T (This is an error i am actually married to a man but it makes a nice change!!!)

Visa 176 lodged - 06/04/2009

SA SS Approved - 25/03/2011

CO - Not yet

Visa approval - Maybe one day

WAITINGGAME - Lindsey, Spencer, Declan and Dylan

SS approved - I got SS for QLD in Feb 09, now changed our minds to SA

175 Visa lodged - 13/06/09

Case Officer - 22/02/11

Medicals booked - 01/04/11

Police Checks - Finalised

Visa Granted - Not yet

Meldrew9799

175 Visa Lodged 22-06-09

SS applied 06-01-11

SS granted 21-03-11

CO agent said 2 to 3 weeks, HOPE SO

visa granted ????

Emma&Vas

SA SS Approved- 29/03/11

Visa Lodged- 25/06/09

Case Officer- Not Yet

Visa Granted- ????

Heys4oz - Debbie,Graham,Auckland(9),Sophie(8)

SA SS approved-22/03/11

Visa lodged-20/10/09

Case officer-we live in hope

Visa granted-???

Littlem - Michelle & John

SA SS approved - 28/2/11

Visa lodged - 27/11/09

Case Officer 23/3/11 - thats the best bit

Visa Granted - soon i hope

Jemima - OH ROOF TILER

STARTED..8/07 AQF..5/09 TRA...10/09

SA STATE SPONSORSHIP...30/04/10

VISA APPLICATION...7/05/10 CHANGES TO STATESPONSORSHIP PRIORITY4... 1/07/10

SMP RELEASED PRIORITY 2...25/01/11

GOT CO...17/02/11 POLICE CHECKS...14/3/11

MEDS...21/3/11

NOW WAITING....

Sharons dream - Sharon

SS approved 28/2/11

Visa lodged. 7/3/11

Case officer - 25/3/11

New life starting 2011 hopefully!!!

Baggienurse- Lisa

SA SS confirmed 3/3/11

AHPRA docs sent 4/3/11

176 visa lodged 10/3/11

CO appointed 23/3/11

Police clearance sent 24/3/11

Medicals booked 13/4/11

Visa granted- hope so soon

The Reeds - Agent contacted Jan 09

Skills assessed March 09

SS granted 16.3.11 (Yay!)

176 application submitted 17.3.11

police checks sent 27.3.11

meds booked 18.4.11

Case officer: not yet

Jay & Lou - Jay and Louise

SA SS approved - 16/03/11

176 Visa lodged - 21/03/11

Case officer - Soon I hope

Visa granted - Not yet.

Chickeni - Sarah, Kev, Chloe & Harry

SA SS Approved 22/3/11

Visa Lodged 23/3/11

Case Officer - Not yet

Police Checks - Sent off 24/3/11 (thought we'd risk it!)

Medicals - Not yet (not going to risk it as expensive!)

Visa Approved - Not yet

Hoping to go in Sept 2011 if we get it in time.

chrisfen46, Nicol, Ben & Luke Fenech

SA Approved 22/03/2011

Visa Lodged 23/03/2011

Case Officer Not Yet

natmark - Natalie, Mark, Ella (2), and bump (due 14.4.11)

SA SS approved - 22.3.11

Visa lodged - 24.3.11

Case officer - hopefully not long

Visa granted - soon?

Cara&Gav

SA SS approved - 16/3/11

Visa lodged - 25/3/11

Case Officer - soon I hope

Visa Granted - can't wait!

Hoping to move to Oz about this time next year!

johnny.w . electrician

ss approved 24/3/11

visa lodged 29/3/11

co not yet

Guest littlem

Just wanted to say its lovely to see everyone gradually coming accross from the waiting for ss thread. I hope those that have co's get their grants pretty quick and those that havent are not waiting to long. Im looking forward to the PIA BBQ. :-)))) Hic!

Guest Cara&Gav

Me too! although we seem to be going out later than everyone else, this time next year whereas everyone else seems to be going out Sept/Oct. We cant afford to go earlier but there will be plenty of summers to enjoy :-)))

I must admit My mind is a bit blown with all there is to do! I don't know where to start lol I think I need to work out a plan of some sort lol as my brain is like a whirl pool especially with all the emotion mixed in. I hope I'm not going to feel like this for a whole year :goofy::sad: I feel quite anxious, does anyone else feel like this and will it pass? I just want to feel excited & happy!

Cara x

Guest chickeni
Me too! although we seem to be going out later than everyone else, this time next year whereas everyone else seems to be going out Sept/Oct. We cant afford to go earlier but there will be plenty of summers to enjoy :-)))

I must admit My mind is a bit blown with all there is to do! I don't know where to start lol I think I need to work out a plan of some sort lol as my brain is like a whirl pool especially with all the emotion mixed in. I hope I'm not going to feel like this for a whole year :goofy::sad: I feel quite anxious, does anyone else feel like this and will it pass? I just want to feel excited & happy!

Cara x

Hi Cara,

I have felt that a bit but I just make sure I write it down when I think of it and that seems to take the pressure off. It will all get done but not all at once. It's a case of small steps and before you know it you'll have ticked stuff off your list and that is always satisfying. Look at it as one less thing to do not a million others yet to do?

Cut yourself some slack - it's life changing stuff!

TLC coming your way ...

Sarah

x

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara,

I have felt that a bit but I just make sure I write it down when I think of it and that seems to take the pressure off. It will all get done but not all at once. It's a case of small steps and before you know it you'll have ticked stuff off your list and that is always satisfying. Look at it as one less thing to do not a million others yet to do?

Cut yourself some slack - it's life changing stuff!

TLC coming your way ...

Sarah

x

Thanks Sarah, I do tend to get stressed & anxious easily which is one of the reasons I want to move to Oz but I have a feeling it will get worse before it gets better lol I think its just because it suddenly feels real, its not just a dream anymore but I'll be fine once it sinks in I think & get stuck in with organising. I've taken the day off work to breathe. I've enjoyed looking through rental properties this morning & have saved a few for OH to look at later. I think we're sold on Port Noarlunga, the more I see the more I like. I'm going to sit and go through the lists this avo & get organised - I can already tick a couple of things off which i think will make me feel better. Like you said dont look at what there is to do but feel good everytime I get something done :)

Thanks its good to talk on here as no-one else at home really understands even though they try to be supportive.

Cara xx

Guest littlem

Hi cara don't worry that you are going out later than some just think we will be able to answer all your last minute questions, we can tell you what we forgot to ship etc etc, plus we can throw you a welcome to oz barbie ! So one thing is for sure you won't be arriving and not knowing anyone. :-))

As for the list I'm also freaked by it but have decided I'm gonna sit down tommorow night with oh and go through it. Then I'm gonna work back from when we think were gonna fly and see when we have to have things done by.

I have made a decision on the car today and it's not going, too much hassle and nit worth it so I will sell before we go, that decision now ticked off :-))

Gonna have a nice glass of wine tonight and chill, not even gonna come on pio or pia so an oz free evening, if I can manage it. I wonder how long I'll last lol!

Michelle

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi cara don't worry that you are going out later than some just think we will be able to answer all your last minute questions, we can tell you what we forgot to ship etc etc, plus we can throw you a welcome to oz barbie ! So one thing is for sure you won't be arriving and not knowing anyone. :-))

As for the list I'm also freaked by it but have decided I'm gonna sit down tommorow night with oh and go through it. Then I'm gonna work back from when we think were gonna fly and see when we have to have things done by.

I have made a decision on the car today and it's not going, too much hassle and nit worth it so I will sell before we go, that decision now ticked off :-))

Gonna have a nice glass of wine tonight and chill, not even gonna come on pio or pia so an oz free evening, if I can manage it. I wonder how long I'll last lol!

Michelle

Hi,

yes you're right it's good to come out when everyone is settled and am looking forward to our welcome party already! :-)

Well done on deciding on the car, I think its definitely a good idea to make decisions and put things to bed. I've decided to sort out my list and catagorise things with a checklist when its done & timescales of when things can be done. Its making me feel more positive by being proactive.

Also it can be all consuming so it is important to not think about it sometimes & switch off and also to enjoy this time in the UK. it is hard not to come on here though, especially as I get email updates on my mobile. The answer is to put the laptop & phone away for a whole evening I think! Oh yes and the wine definitely helps!

Thanks for helping me to feel better

Cara xx

Morning Stephen, I would call again if your worried as different people answer the phone and all they have to do is go into your application. When you get a co they will send you an email with various requirements on it and may update your online system, they updated ours but some people have been granted without it being updated. How long since you got ss now? Our co took 3 weeks 2 days. Michelle

Hi Michelle we got SS one week ago, seems like a month now. So hopefully 2 weeks to go, oh or less I pray.

Morning everyone,

Cara xx

Hi Cara, dont worry they will sharp take your cash. The money will take longer to leave your account, but will have been approved. They dont wait for case officer, it will be gone tomorrow I would think. Either way they have confirmed payment so dont worry.

Update of where we are!

Stephen69 - Stephen Rachel and Amy

SA SS approved - 21/3/11

Visa lodged - 11/10/08

Medicals booked 03/05/11 again ahhh

Police checks Sent 29/03/11

Case Officer - Not yet

Visa Granted - Not yet

Date of meds earliest appointment available, they must be getting busy!!!

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Cara x

Hi Cara,

We wont be jetting off any time soon either, i have work commitments until the end of the year i bake cupcakes in my spare time, and brides like to book their cake maker early, so i have December weddings booked!!!

We wont be asuming when we will go until that visa is in our passports, but we would love to be out there sooner rather than later, like you say there is so much to organise Christmas will be here before we know it!

Fingers crossed for a CO very soon.

Sarah x

Guest Opportunities

Hi guys,

I have a question re the visa application. There is a section where you need to complete the names and date of births for your dependants migrating with you, dependants not migrating with you and then family members. Does these family members relate to the main applicant only or do we need to fill in the names of his father and mother-in-law as well as any brothers or sisters-in-law?

The in-laws will be the family of the spouse who is the secondary applicant in this case.

Any advice?

Karen

Guest littlem

Hi Karen, we used an agent so not 100% sure but he did ask for both our parents true & step and both our brothers and sisters true & step. If i remember rightly they were all listed on our application. I know that dosent really help but i am sure someone who did self lodge will come along soon and confirm.

Michelle

Guest Cara&Gav

Morning guys,

The money went from our account today :) Never been so pleased to see so much money go lol That's one less thing to worry about. Now about a 2 week wait for a CO. Not long really but feels like ages! I really admire the people that have been doing this process for 2/3 years :notworthy:

Karen, we used an agent and they asked us to add both our parents including step parents & all our siblings including step ones.

Thanks for all your support yesterday everyone, feeling more positive today. Guess its sinking in that its not always going to be happy positive thoughts, sometimes more negative & sad ones will creep in but just need to go with it. Had a good chat with DH last night who has been worrying about money and things and we cheered ourselves up by looking at rental properties in our price range :) Got us excited again! Whenever I'm feeling a bit blue I'm going to look at pictures of the beaches.

Cara xxx