Hughes'Roberts

Online 176 Question

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone who's 'doing/done it alone' and not married has had the same issue as us.

We have lodged the 176 Visa online and uploaded the supporting documents including 2 statutory declarations from my mother and my OH sister (personal statement about our relationship as we are not married). I have just had a look and it states we require to complete form 888 x 2, I was under the impression that this was for people that lodge a Partner Visa. Can anyone clarify this?

We really hope that we don't have to do this as it took a while to get our families to do this as they do not live near us, plus DIAC are asking for this within 28 days, were off to Cyprus Monday for 2 weeks!!!! :arghh:

Guest JayandEm
    Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone who's 'doing/done it alone' and not married has had the same issue as us.

We have lodged the 176 Visa online and uploaded the supporting documents including 2 statutory declarations from my mother and my OH sister (personal statement about our relationship as we are not married). I have just had a look and it states we require to complete form 888 x 2' date=' I was under the impression that this was for people that lodge a Partner Visa. Can anyone clarify this?

We really hope that we don't have to do this as it took a while to get our families to do this as they do not live near us, plus DIAC are asking for this within 28 days, were off to Cyprus Monday for 2 weeks!!!! :arghh:[/quote']

Hi ya

I am in the same position as you and I haven't done a form 888, I just got a letter from both our parents. It says when you click on the de facto section:- "Please note that this list is a guide only - you may have other forms of documentary evidence which you may wish to forward. I don't think we have to do the 888 - I hope not anyway!!