Hubby has had an accident!

Guest Ellie

Guest Ellie
So sorry to hear - must be worrying on one hand due to the obvious, to have to worry about money and logistics is something you just don't need!

Sorry that I can't help really, still being stuck in the UK, but do you have anything you can Ebay? Its something we're doing to raise funds to get out to Aus, and you would be surprised what people buy for the silliest amounts of money - I find certain brands of clothes for eg (not designer, things like Bravissimo, Joe Browns and so on) sell really really well, even if its old, not in great condition and so on.

Anyway, just an extra idea, every little cent adds up to dollars as it were!

Thinking of you and wishing a speedy recovery your way! :)

Sadly no I'm afraid. We have only just been able to send for our belongings and it left the UK toady! Borrowed a lounge suite and patio table. We are so excited about that coming as we packed it in 2009!! Luck and us just don't seem to go together lol! It will be like Christmas when it get here, in fact I can hardly remember what's in it. :goofy:

Guest SusieOR

Good Luck Ellie... you will get through this... hope your hubby gets better as soon as poss!!!

Let us know how you get on...

Take Care Sx

Guest Guest5035
no it wasn't work related and self employed too. :sad:

self employed......thought income protection insurance wiould have covered it.

stevo

Guest Ellie
self employed......thought income protection insurance wiould have covered it.

stevo

It may have had we been able to afford some but he hasn't got the cover. With the house sale falling through as we got here it's been pretty tough and a tight budget as I have been unable to work. But we didn't come out expecting to be millionaires and we have no regrets. Still glad we are here and not in UK. Actually we did have cover in the UK and he had to have an operation, we were paying £80 per month and they never paid out. That is still going through an ombudsman and has been for 2.5 years :shocked:It should have covered all his income.