just received Permanent residency for SA!!!

Guest orla and fra

Guest orla and fra

Hey guys,

We are not poms in adelaide, however we are an Irish couple living in Adelaide who have FINALLY received our visa grant notification letter last night!!!:biglaugh:

We have to exit Aust to activate our visa but this is nothing after the hardships we have endured to get here!

My name is Orla im 26, my partners name is Frank he is 30 and we have a 14month old son Alex. We are currently in Glengowrie very close to Glenelg and loving it.

I am at home with the baby all day and was wondering if any of you would be interested in meeting up for a chat/coffee/playdate.

So are any of you located close to us?? how r you settling in?

Guest Squareman

Congratulations! Did you go on ENS or RSMS?

I have heard conflicting arguments regarding the RSMS visa and whether you need to go offshore to validate it.

Guest orla and fra

We got a General skilled Migration Visa after a long wait. Received state sponsorship from SA and then applied for the PR visa.

It prob only took about 6wks after we received state approval from Sa!

as we began our application in Ireland it is considered offshore even though we are in Oz, therefore we must be outside Oz when it is finalised. it can only be finalised when we leave soonce thats done we will eventually be done with the stresses of relocating!!!

Guest eager6
yes us Irish r definitely outnumbered here in Adelaide i think!!!

Loving glenelg too.......... hows the journey been for u????

Hi Orla

Congrats,we are Irish too just back from Adelaide.Family of 6 from Donegal.

Looking at relocating to Mount Barker.Husband Wall and Floor Tiler.What does your OH do??R U going to go to NZ while Visa being issued? Siobhan

Guest orla and fra

OH is a landscape Gardener Siobhan. So as u can imagine not a great trade for the gud old irish weather!!! were lookin at NZ but its a bit expensive so tryna shop around!! were u guys in adelaide on hols??????

Guest eager6

Yeh,just back today.Did 3 weeks in total.Exhausted after journey as you can imagine with 4kids.

Had a ball.Loved the hills but disappointed that not many pools up there and a bit far from beach.

Have friends living in Mount Barker 5years so they recommend it for families etc...Hoping to move out Sep/Oct.R U happy where you are?How long have u been in Adelaide??

Guest orla and fra

i love Glenelg cuz im on my own with the baby all day so there are lots and lots of shops, a beach,amusements, parks and we are only 10 mins away from the SA Aquatic centre which is absolutely amazing!!!! best pools in whole of SA.....

we only reached adelaide in march so stil quite new to the area!!!! havent been to mt barker but had a drive round adelaide hills on sunday upto the German town of Hahndorf! was lovely!!!