Help with areas to live and schools!!!!

Guest graemepugh

Guest graemepugh

HiMy husband managed to get a job/visa in May and I am now frantically trying to find nice areas to live and good schools. Can anyone let me know what school years my children will be in and will my youngest have to go to kindy.My children are Joshua who is 6 end of July and Emily-Jayne 5 in Feb.Also can anyone let me know what the areas / schools are like in the following areas Hallet Cove, Mawson Lakes, Golden Grove and FLagstaff?My husband will be working in the CBD GreenhIll Road so would like to be a max of 30mins commute. I also want to be close to good schools, gym, leisure facilities for the children eg swimming, dance clubs etc. I know this may be a lot to ask but any help will be gratefully received as I am stressed trying to sort the house / move out in the next few weeks!!!!

Guest bishop3912

Hi congrats on yr visa. Bet u r stressed, remember it all too well. I can only help on flagstaff, happy valley & Hallett cove I'm afraid as I don't know abt the other areas. My kids went to Hallett cove R-12 a couple of years ago when we lived in Hallett cove, I found the school fine. This school is now tightly zoned for the lower school but anyone living in Hallett cove can go to the high school at the moment. There r also 2 other primary schools in HC, Hallett cove east & Hallett cove south (this is the smallest school). Know people who have kids at both & all seem happy.Have a friend & our agents kids also go to Flagstaff Hill primary, supposed to b a good school, but then again I know someone who took their kids out of it as they weren't happy. My kids are at happy valley and love it, so far we have no complaints. Schooling is hard as it's down to personal choice At the end of the day & what parents want for their kids & what their children are like also all differs so have a look at them all when u land & then try & choose a rental if u can near the school u like as some schools are zoned now. From what I can work out from the schooling system here your 6 yr old will go into the current reception year and your 5 yr old will go into kindy & start the new years reception class around Easter next year. Someone may have more info on this though (just going by my kids ages lol).The areas above are all nice areas IMO to live.Hope this helps, good luck with the move.Regards Bishop3912

For a 30 minute commute to Greenhill Rd, the southern burbs may just be too far for you.

You could try the following;

burnside;

Stoneyfell;

norwood;

Maghill;

Erindale

Mitcham and Colonel Light Gardens.

All have good primary schools, and are close to good high schools, shops etc.

Some of these areas can be a bit pricey; however, a recent look on Realestate.com.au has shown up some nice places with reasonable rents.

Good luck with your search

Guest wijaya
For a 30 minute commute to Greenhill Rd, the southern burbs may just be too far for you.

You could try the following;

burnside;

Stoneyfell;

norwood;

Maghill;

Erindale

Mitcham and Colonel Light Gardens.

All have good primary schools, and are close to good high schools, shops etc.

Some of these areas can be a bit pricey; however, a recent look on Realestate.com.au has shown up some nice places with reasonable rents.

Good luck with your search

I seconded this one. I live in Marryatville, just next door to Greenhill Road for the last 12 months. Soon we are going to move to Campbelltown, further norteast from greenhill road. If you could afford it, easters suburbs probably will be your best choice. As mention above, you could explore Campbelltown, Newton, Rostrevor, Payneham on the "same side" as the Greenhill road. They are as nice as the place that you mention like hallet Cove, Mawson lake, Golden Grove, or Flagstaff Hill. The rent is "reasonable" i think at the moment. I believe the renting market -as also the house market- is not as tight as 12-18 months ago. In my road, there were two big houses that have been empty for the last 2 months, after the tenants moved out.

regards