GOT IT!!

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Hi all

Had THE call this afternoon from agent to say visa application has been approved. I promptly burst into tears with relief and joy and emotions I can't begin to describe.

So happy I can't tell you.

Libby

Guest Sue & Ash

hi libby!

what fantastic news!!!! finally some 'breathing room'

except of all that packing and moving to come - enojoy :wink:

:lol: lisa wants to know all (!) the details!!

Susi

Guest Libby1971

Thanks for your good wishes.

I must be getting old - last night I kept bursting into tears or laughing at random. Probably a mix of relief and tiredness or else I am completely bonkers! Tonight we are going out with the kids to celebrate.

So off down the bank soon to shuffle funds about to pay for fares, application for OAA going off over the weekend, emailing schools asap, arranging dates when we can have shippers over for quotes etc.

We are hoping to book our flights for Wednesday 18th April. It is our wedding anniversary on the Monday and I didn't want to spend that on a plane. I wanted to have a couple of days to recover before the whirlwind of paperwork and employment and viewings started so thought if I arrive on a Friday, that would be good.

We are planning to book a hotel room in Singapore. There are two flights from London that connect with the same plane from Singapore to Adelaide so we are going on the earlier one so we have a bit longer in Singapore to get some proper rest and hopefully some sleep although if yesterday was anything to go by, I will be far too excited!

Thanks for your support. So much to do but far too happy to concentrate on any of it. Laughing through tears most of the time.

Wishing you all well, take care

Libby

Guest emmylou

Hi Libby

I know that I will be seeing you, Bob and the girls tonight but just couldn't resist saying 'CONGRATULATIONS' on here!!

I hope that I am not far behind you........ :lol:

Love

Emma

xx

Hi Libby

Well done, we are flying out on 18th April to singapore too and staying a few days to rest before we get to Adelaide. Maybe we can have a drink on the flight or in Sing :D

Mind you I am very jelous as we are only going on our recci not our final flight (even though we have our visas) WHY we are not going for good I just dont know it sounded like good planning when we decided it BUT I am getting more and more frustrated in UK....

Have you seen any good hotels in Sing?

Take care

Kim

Hi Libby

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can really understand about the different emotions you get........I was like that when we just got our sponsorship!!

Just wanted to know how long it took to get your visa from when they received your bond (I know you had trouble getting it there) We are also having to give over the bond too.

Good luck with all the organising!

sarahx

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Thanks again. It is starting to feel more real now. Mostly all I can think is OMG!!!! We have been working towards this for almost 11 years now, retraining/qualifying to be teachers and getting the necessary experience. What are we going to talk about now?! Just found out, we are planning what to do on our first day in Oz?

Got shippers coming this week for quotes, sent OAA application form off, requested leaving reference. Have I forgotten anything so far?

Sarah, once the treasury had found the money, they processed it in 3 days. We had a letter of confirmation of investment dated the 12th Feb sent to us in which they also confirm they will notify immigration dept. We got that on 19th. We had the call on the 23rd which is when immigration notified our agent. It doesn't take too long but it feels like forever.

Still haven't got the paperwork yet so can't send off our passports.

Kim, which flight are you going on? Ours is 10.15pm.