IT job situation

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

OH is looking at job situation for IT (systems admin) in Adelaide. Hays seem to be the agency to get into so he's registering with them- but they say really he needs to be in Oz to be interviewed face to face. We were hoping he would have work to go out to.

Any one any experience with Hays IT??

Whats the situation?- could OH head to Adelaide in a October/november and secure a job in a few weeks?? Or should he stay put and keep searching for jobs online?

Anyone got any advice?

Guest ozdreamsa

That is a very important question.

From all the threads I read in different forums, oz employers seem to like face to face interview.

I am not sure how Hays OZ would be, but I have good impression about Hays in Japan.

Lets see how people share their real experience.

Guest jasongd

Hi,

I sent a big email asking lots of questions and I got really big reply and we exchanged a few emails.

They were really really helpfull.

Jason

Guest Big Bob
OH is looking at job situation for IT (systems admin) in Adelaide. Hays seem to be the agency to get into so he's registering with them- but they say really he needs to be in Oz to be interviewed face to face. We were hoping he would have work to go out to.

Any one any experience with Hays IT??

Whats the situation?- could OH head to Adelaide in a October/november and secure a job in a few weeks?? Or should he stay put and keep searching for jobs online?

Anyone got any advice?

Hi Pixie7

Australian employers and consultants prefer face to face interview except you are some real exceptional class apart. I have my Bro-in-Law who heads an IT company in Mel. He said if yu need job , you need to be here. They rarely consider people in IT abroad and ignore the, I would suggest that you can ask him to plan his things, come to Adelaide and then apply for jobs.

My 2 cents.

take care

Bob