Guest pixie7

IT job situation

Guest pixie7

OH is looking at job situation for IT (systems admin) in Adelaide. Hays seem to be the agency to get into so he's registering with them- but they say really he needs to be in Oz to be interviewed face to face. We were hoping he would have work to go out to.

Any one any experience with Hays IT??

Whats the situation?- could OH head to Adelaide in a October/november and secure a job in a few weeks?? Or should he stay put and keep searching for jobs online?

Anyone got any advice?

Guest ozdreamsa

That is a very important question.

From all the threads I read in different forums, oz employers seem to like face to face interview.

I am not sure how Hays OZ would be, but I have good impression about Hays in Japan.

Lets see how people share their real experience.

Guest jasongd

Hi,

I sent a big email asking lots of questions and I got really big reply and we exchanged a few emails.

They were really really helpfull.

Jason

Guest Big Bob
    OH is looking at job situation for IT (systems admin) in Adelaide. Hays seem to be the agency to get into so he's registering with them- but they say really he needs to be in Oz to be interviewed face to face. We were hoping he would have work to go out to.

Any one any experience with Hays IT??

Whats the situation?- could OH head to Adelaide in a October/november and secure a job in a few weeks?? Or should he stay put and keep searching for jobs online?

Anyone got any advice?

Hi Pixie7

Australian employers and consultants prefer face to face interview except you are some real exceptional class apart. I have my Bro-in-Law who heads an IT company in Mel. He said if yu need job , you need to be here. They rarely consider people in IT abroad and ignore the, I would suggest that you can ask him to plan his things, come to Adelaide and then apply for jobs.

My 2 cents.

take care

Bob

November is not a good time to be looking for work in general, you may get lucky if it is early November. December and January is generally regarded as the worse time to look for work as many businesses slow down or shut down over Christmas.

I have a friend back in the UK, he is really fed up and just fired off an email to Scania here in Adelaide, they replied back within 24 hours asking salary expectation and an recent CV....this company are not even advertising so just fire off them CV/resumes if you ask me...

HG