Guest S A !!

Live Music scene

Guest S A !!

Hi hoping to emigrate this year wondering what the Live music scene is like in SA.

Longshot but ...Maybe looking for a cover band to do some gigs with !

Have played drums for aeons and have loads of gig experience....

Guest helene73
    Hi hoping to emigrate this year wondering what the Live music scene is like in SA.

Longshot but ...Maybe looking for a cover band to do some gigs with !

Have played drums for aeons and have loads of gig experience....

We won't be going out for a over a year but I know OH would be interested in getting a band together, he is a guitarist and sings being doing it years :)

---

-

Guest nickcoumbe
    We won't be going out for a over a year but I know OH would be interested in getting a band together, he is a guitarist and sings being doing it years :)

---

-

Well I play guitar and a bass a bit.

Looks like we have a band already!

Guest Squareman

There is a very healthy live music scene here. I can play about 50 little rock riffs on the guitar, but that's about it. I am, however, learning some chords on the ukulele and everyone seems to have a uke player these days........

Guest helene73
    Well I play guitar and a bass a bit.

Looks like we have a band already!

He would be happy lol

As a money maker they record stuff and sell to simon cowell's company that puts music on tv and films and they get royalties for it :)

---

-

Guest S A !!

Cheers for the replies !

I'll check out the 'Rip It Up' link

Thanks

Hey! Live music scene is great in Adelaide - I was (and still am) for the amount going on compared to the size of the city. A few great venues to check out: The Gov (The Governor Hindmarsh, on Port Road, just outside the city) is a great pub that does live music in the front bar (usually free) and paid gigs in 'The Venue.' A real mix of emerging artists and bigger names. The Thebbie (Thebarton Theatre) is a bigger venue with usually bigger name bands.

The Wheatsheaf Hotel in Thebarton is a lovely pub that does live music every weekend plus special events (either free or $10ish entry), the Grace Emily in the city centre is very quirky and hosts live acts often, the Crown & Anchor in the city is known for heavier gigs, there's also Jive in the city plus Jade Monkey, just to name a few.

Rip It Up is a great suggestion - that's Adelaide's main free street press. They also recently launched an iphone app with the guide guide on there. Happy gigging! =)

Hey ladies and gents!

I LOVE live music - only just discovered the Grace Emily last week and LOVED it!

Anyone fancy going to watch some live music and have a few drinks next week at any of the venues mentioned above? About time I got out, caught some decent music and made some new friends!

PM me if you're game - I'm sure we can get a few of us out :-)

Karen