Moving state on a 176?

Guest rflynn

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 1320, align: center]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]hi,

I arrived in SA september on a state sponsored 176 with my wife. i found work within two weeks. ALL GOOD : ) my wage however just about covers the bare essentials.

My wife is still looking for work. She is very unhappy sitting at home for 4 + months with nothing to do. She has tried very hard to get work.

1. Is it possible we move to victoria as she is unable to secure work here in SA?

2. What effect will this have on our visa in 2yrs ?

3. If we go to Vic for a year for say, can we come back later to fulfill responsibility to the state? As our visas are valid until 2016.

The nature of my work is I am 100 % confident of getting work in victoria and as melbourne is a much bigger there would be a much better chance for my wife.

I would be very thankful for some answers. I do want to do the right thing. At the moment my wife is my top priority. Even if this means returning home.

Thanks All[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi there,

That sucks but perhaps try some other things before upping sticks again? And Victoria? Really that desperate lol?!

I have no idea what your wife's profession is etc but maybe she could do some vollie work. Volunteering might not bring any money in but it can be great fun, an easy way to feel part of the community, make friends or contacts...whilst helping.

I have no helpful suggestions for finding work other than, of course, that popping along with a resume is often more successful than looking through papers or applying over the internet. Personal contact can be sooo positive.

Don't give up :)

Good luck,

LC