what suburb is best for us?

Guest kelvie80

Guest kelvie80

Hi there i was hoping to get some advice on suburbs which have reasonably priced rental houses close to the beach, im moving to Adelaide from Scotland with my husband and daughter in early September, im a hairdresser and would like to live close to work and somewhere that has good childcare any suggestions?

Thanks Grace

Guest kelvie80

Hi there, i don't have a job yet but im hoping somewhere that has plenty of hairdressers in the area we move to so there is a better chance ill get work nearby and also im looking at around $300 for rent thanks

Hi Grace

Its so difficult choosing a suburb from the Uk, especially if you havent been here before. The good news is - is that you know that you want to live near the beach and you have a budget for your weekly rent...so that has narrowed things down a bit. Bear in mind that you will probably need somewhere to stay short term, until you are able to find something long term.

Have a look at this link http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/with-2-bedrooms-between-300-300-in-christies+beach%2c+seaford+rise%2c+moana%2c+port+noarlunga/list-1?preferredState=sa I put in some beach areas and your budget and it came up with these properties. THe beach areas I added were Moana, Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach and Seaford Rise....... Please note, that these are for long term rental only - so signing for least 6 months/12month contract and are unfurnished.

Hope this helps

Good luck with finding something

Sarahx

• 1 month later...

Hi there, when are you coming? We have a fully furnished house for rent 4 houses from the beach in Brighton. Lots of Childcare and hair salons. I have 4 kids so know. We are going over seas mid June to end of September and are looking to sublet. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Amber

Guest kelvie80
Hi there, when are you coming? We have a fully furnished house for rent 4 houses from the beach in Brighton. Lots of Childcare and hair salons. I have 4 kids so know. We are going over seas mid June to end of September and are looking to sublet. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Amber

Hi Amber thanks for your post, we are not going to be in oz till the middle of September but if your dates change then ill defo be interested thanks again Gracex

Hey, as others have said, if you give us a little more info, we can help you more =) what does 'reasonably priced' mean to you? I'd personally look at any suburbs between Semaphore and South Brighton... but know a lot of people who would suggest further south. For me, I prefer to be nearer the city... also, is public transport important to you? If so, Glenelg and surrounds are handy because of the tram - or anywhere near the train line. Glenelg and Brighton are likely the most expensive suburbs but arguably the best in terms of having lots of restaurants, bars, shops etc nearby. All the beaches are lovely in Adelaide - you'll be spoilt for choice!

Guest Django

Two places for young children I would fully endorse are Kidz at Woodcroft and Bains Road Preschool. I have 7 children and so have had dealings with a few over the years and none have come close to these two. My youngest goes to Kidz at Woodcroft http://www.echildcare.com.au/woodcroft-greenvale/ and then will go to http://www.echildcare.com.au/woodcroft-greenvale/ (where his older brother is) when he is older. Their 3 older siblings are in Woodcroft Primary which is in a word an awesome school. I still find it hard to believe that we found all three so close together. One of my daughters went to another local kindy but we moved her to Bains Road Preschool because we felt the place wasn't very good. The people working with the children after 6 months still didn't know her by name. One even tried to tell her that her correct name was wrong!!!!

There are good and bad out there but you won't go far wrong with the ones I've named.

Pete