Ladies looking to make new friends?

Guest Mitchell

Guest Mitchell

Hiya all

If you're female and looking for new friends can I suggest something a bit different. Onkaparinga Harmony Chorus is an all female singing group that meets at The Vines in Woodcroft at 7pm on Thursday nights. You don't have to have a great voice (I certainly don't lol) just be able to hold a tune. I didn't think this would be my cup of tea at all but this group is so welcoming, lots of fun and mostly barking mad and so I'm still here! There's quite a few poms in the group too. So if you fancy giving it a try, just come along or pm me :)

Guest Mitchell
Hi Michelle,

i absolutely love singing, but how do I know if I can hold a tune! :) do you need to audition?

gill x

Hi Gill

If no one throws things when you sing either you have very nice friends or you're probably fine lol. Normally how it works is you just turn up to see if you like it. If you want to stay our lovely music director will take you into a private room to sing up and down a scale or sing something simple like happy birthday to work out what section you should sing in. If you then want to become a full member there is an audition but it's not as scary as it sounds and is also done in private singing with a few others so you don't have to sing alone. There's a min no of weeks before you can audition and you can wait till you're ready. Everyone is really supportive as they've been through it too. They really become like your Thursday night family. Just come along coz if it's not for you, you can always not come back. I certainly found I've made closer friends here in the last 6 months than the whole 18 months I've been in Adelaide. Let me know if you want to come and I can meet you outside or something

Michelle