Kimbo

Tools in Transit

Hi,

This might seem like a really stupid question, but its one the OH half has come up with:unsure:

He's a carpenter and will be bringing all his tools over with him. The tools obviously wont arrive when we do so how does he go about starting work without his tools?

Thanks very much. :notworthy:

Guest lippy

We are in the same boat - husband is a mechanic and his tools won't arrive for about a month after us.

The job he is going to however said just to beg and borrow until his arrived.

Apparently some airlines allow certain items in the hold.

Guest BigMik

same dilema, mine arrive 4 to 6 weeks after arrival, 4 tool chests of it!!!!

its an excuse to walk the beach.

seriously could his main basic tools not go in the luggage?

Mine cannot, but maybe a chippies could?

Cheers

mik

Hi Mik and Lippy

Thanks will look into what we can put in luggage/hold. I have since found out from my parents (who live in Cyprus!) of a friend of theirs who has put extra stuff in the hold - they contacted the airline they were flying with and the paid for extra kg to store more stuff, wasnt too expensive by all accounts - I know most of it wont go in, but maybe a few essentials might. Will have to look into it.

Thanks for that.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Why not send a package/trunk from Uk before you leave and by the time you get here it will turn up,or, leave it with rellies, book a pick up time with parcel/shipping firm.Get them to send it a week later when you know where you will be. OK it will be expensive, but so will not working for a few weeks.

Hi Sarah,

Yeah we did think about sending stuff over earlier so that it would arrive at a similar time to us. I'm trying to be mega organised and am trying to get everything sorted in my head before I lose it all - will have lists all over the place by the time I'm finished!!! :biglaugh:

Thanks for that.