Guest bishvegas

It's finally happening.....

Guest bishvegas

We have booked our one way tickets to Adelaide! Waited for so long that I can't believe it's actually happening. We are flying with Singapoer airlines from heathrow on 30th August and will arrive on 1st September 2012. We've booked a short term rental in Seaford for 6 weeks but are hoping to settle in Port Noarlunga. The kids are already enrolled in the school there because they loved it so much when we came over for a reccie in February. Got so much to do that I don't quite know where to start. But one thing's for sure it'll be worth all the stress when we can finally call Australia home.

Guest vikkiann

Fab news. I'm also looking forward to calling it home!

The very best of luck guys. Our kids go to Porties school too and the kindy next door, and they love it there. Enjoy the next few months, it will be a roller coaster.

Take care.

Paul & Sarah

We have booked our one way tickets to Adelaide! Waited for so long that I can't believe it's actually happening. We are flying with Singapoer airlines from heathrow on 30th August and will arrive on 1st September 2012. We've booked a short term rental in Seaford for 6 weeks but are hoping to settle in Port Noarlunga. The kids are already enrolled in the school there because they loved it so much when we came over for a reccie in February. Got so much to do that I don't quite know where to start. But one thing's for sure it'll be worth all the stress when we can finally call Australia home.

Hi bishvegas:

Not long now then! I'm sure it's been a struggle at times, bringing the whole migration process together, but it'll all be worth it come 1 September when you're all taking your first steps on Oz terrafirma at long last!

As you didn't mention it in your post, I'm just wondering if Singapore Airlines gave you the extra 20k baggage allowance for your one-way trip to Oz? I only found out about it myself through PomsInOz a few months ago, and have since read a few other posts saying Singapore Airlines (and a couple of other airlines, I think, but not sure which ones, although Cathay Pacific rings a bell) offer an extra 20k baggage allowance to new migrants to Oz, providing you can show your new visas are being used for the first time only.

If you already know about it, that's good; but if not, it's worth double-checking with Singapore Airlines to make certain, before you leave.

I wish you great good fortune in your new life down-under!