NicF

Mortgage?

Hi, does anyone know if any Mortgage providers would give you a mortgage if you have only been in a job for a few weeks?

My husband starts a job in Adelaide on 4th July but will be on probation for 6 months. We've seen a house that we like in an area that we want to live in and could get my brother in law to go and have a look, but if we have no chance of getting a mortgage then we wouldn't bother.

Thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola

Yes it is possible but will depend upon individual circumstances.

Some lenders do not allow probation but some will subject to certain conditions generally these being that you should have been in the same role/industry for at least 2 continuous years.

What visa type will you be on i.e perm or temp?

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andrew from Vista Financial

Guest The Dimmocks

We got our mortgage and hubby had only been in his job a few weeks and was on 6 months probation. He had worked in the same role for the last 14 years in the UK and has never been out of work for long periods. We had a decent deposit as well and are on PR visa.

Hi Nicola

Yes it is possible but will depend upon individual circumstances.

Some lenders do not allow probation but some will subject to certain conditions generally these being that you should have been in the same role/industry for at least 2 continuous years.

What visa type will you be on i.e perm or temp?

Regards

Andy

Andy, my husband's Australian so no visa for him and I'm on a PR visa. He's been working in the same industry for over 20 years, at the same company for the last 10 and doing pretty much the same job as his new one for the best part of the last 5 years. Once the sale on our house goes through we will have a deposit of about 40%.

From everyone's comments on here it sounds like we are in a good position and have a chance of getting a mortgage with someone.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Nicola