Guest css

frustration of waiting for house to sell

Guest css

I am sooooooooooooooo frustrated :arghh:!!!!! had our visa granted last April,went to Oz to ativate our visa in Feb and loved every second of it but still no sign of our house selling,market here absolutley dead !!! not really in the position to leave our house here to rent as we need the equity in it to start again when we get to Oz. It felt we waited an eternity to get our visas and now waiting forever to sell our house here !! It feels like our lives have been on hold for the last 3 years and still in limbo. Ahhh rant over !!!!!:chatterbox:

Sorry to hear that - you and many others seem to be in the same boat - hope the housing market picks up soon for you and that you'll be on your way to Adelaide soon.

Guest vikkiann
    I am sooooooooooooooo frustrated :arghh:!!!!! had our visa granted last April,went to Oz to ativate our visa in Feb and loved every second of it but still no sign of our house selling,market here absolutley dead !!! not really in the position to leave our house here to rent as we need the equity in it to start again when we get to Oz. It felt we waited an eternity to get our visas and now waiting forever to sell our house here !! It feels like our lives have been on hold for the last 3 years and still in limbo. Ahhh rant over !!!!!:chatterbox:

Are you able to drop the price?

We did and sold straight away just waiting for it all to go through!

We accepted £22,000 under the valuation.

It is a bloody nightmare though, i thought it would never sell

I know exactly how you feel x

Yep were are in that boat too :confused:

We have dropped our price £13,000 from the original asking price. If we had put it up for what the Estate Agent suggested the drop would be £25,000 :shocked:

We are in the Estate Agents every week and they show us the stats from RightMove and they are low - no one is looking:mad:

I have even put a spreadsheet together that shows us what kind of capital we will have at different exchange rates if we stay in furnished accommodation for 12 weeks. this has helped us get an idea of what is the minimum we are willing to accept.

Guest Helchops
    Yep were are in that boat too :confused:

We have dropped our price £13,000 from the original asking price. If we had put it up for what the Estate Agent suggested the drop would be £25,000 :shocked:

We are in the Estate Agents every week and they show us the stats from RightMove and they are low - no one is looking:mad:

I have even put a spreadsheet together that shows us what kind of capital we will have at different exchange rates if we stay in furnished accommodation for 12 weeks. this has helped us get an idea of what is the minimum we are willing to accept.

This is the same story with us...

The trouble is, for the people that ARE looking, there is fierce competition from sellers - so people looking at the moment really are spoiled for choice. By us, there was a four bedroomed house in a reasonable area which was a nice, modern new build advertised for £110,000!! How can anyone compete with that?

Plus, the wonderful government has scrapped the stamp duty holiday so everyone who was advertising at £126 - £150,000 are now being forced to come under the threshold. It's madness. We're renting...how annoying though eh?

Guest Guest75

The market is starting to be the same here so at least prices are not shooting up while you wait.