carer looking for sponsorship

Guest gilksy

Guest gilksy

HI folks

My name is Linda, i am 36 and i have worked in the care industry for the last 21 years.

I have done my NVQ 2&3 in direct care of the elderly.

Myself and my family are looking at migrating to Australia, and am asking if anyone knows of any company's that would be willing to sponsor me.

At the moment I am a night care assistant and have been for the last 12 yrs, before that i worked day shifts at a nursing home.

Any help would be greatfully received.:smile:

At the moment I am living in the uk. We have been to Oz twice and love it there.

My huband works in the Electronics industry and has done for 21 yrs and is also looking fo sponsored work.

Guest boesman

Hi, if I was you I would look on the skills lists and see if it is a job that is on there. There are a big shortage of carers and I see jobs advertised every day, BUT you have to have the australian certificate 111 in AGED CARE or community care of disability care to get work. NVQ's don't count here. You can even do it online or 0ver the post, but it does take n whole lot longer (months) than just doing it face to face in a class (about 8 weeks full time). Good luck and hope you can find a way to get here.

Hi, if I was you I would look on the skills lists and see if it is a job that is on there. There are a big shortage of carers and I see jobs advertised every day, .

Boesman is right there are lots of carer positions cropping up here and they are very much needed.

Guest gilksy

If only i could secure one and get some sponsorship. Im not even asking for financial help towards my move i just need a job. still looking. Im sending cv's out and hopefully someone may give me a go.