Cubs, scouts?

Guest guest8040

Guest guest8040

My 7 year old son goes to beavers <whispers- I hate saying it!> and loves it does the movement exist in Oz and are there local groups pretty much everywhere like in the UK?

Guest Guest6899

My son Ethan goes to sea scouts in Port Noarlunga and enjoys it, he only went the once in the UK and didn't go again. Mind you he wasn't kayaking down the river and going on night hikes dodging the kangaroos then, lol.

Guest thestewarts912

hi

my 2 have just started at scouts and cubs in morphett vale. They have been going about a month now and son who is a scout is going on his second camp out this weekend, a cooking competion lol. They both started as Beavers and gone through the groups in the UK based groups, we feel that here scouting is a bit more back to basics and not so taken up with H&S, that said they seem to have a common sense approach let the kids be kids and learn skills. Know what your saying when you whisper beaver, my hubby was a beaver .....snigger snigger leader at our last place.

My son started in cubs and went through to Venturers. My younger daughter also went to Joeys through to scouts. My middle daughter went to guides cos that's what suited her. The scouting movement in SA is one of the fastest growing movements. There are Pacific Australasian Jamborees for scouts every 3 years and there is so much stuff on offer, from gliding, sailing, GPS hiking, night hikes, camping, rifle range ( good to teach them that guns in themselves are not dangerous things, they have a purpose and need to be handled with extreme care and respect). For venturers there are expeditions every couple of years. Guides offers pretty much the same. The thing to do is to find a group with great leaders and you will be fine and too all sorts of things. Every area will have a scout and guide group within easy reaching distance.