help required re: travel history

Guest genie1

Guest genie1

Filling out form 47pa and note that in Part D Q.11 the visa numbers for previous visits are required. I have visited Australia on a tourist visa 28 times over a 20 year period and am having problems identifying all my dates etc from previous passports. Can anyone advise if: a) the visa number for previous tourist visas are actually required or whether dates only will suffice, and: b) where this information may be obtained, given that these visas are electronic and I have no physical record of visa numbers.

Thanks

Genie

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

i couldn't remember the destinations I'd travelled to over the years when i applied for my visa, did the best i could and they were fine with that, so same theory i think. MY friend couldn;t find her details either, there was no way she could have found them out and somehone they still granted it, so do the best you can an tell them that they'll be fine with itr. Honesty is always the best policy!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

I had no idea of previous visa numbers - I was 5 the last time I came to Oz! I just put in the dates and left the visa blank and had no problem with that.

Filling out form 47pa and note that in Part D Q.11 the visa numbers for previous visits are required. I have visited Australia on a tourist visa 28 times over a 20 year period and am having problems identifying all my dates etc from previous passports. Can anyone advise if: a) the visa number for previous tourist visas are actually required or whether dates only will suffice, and: b) where this information may be obtained, given that these visas are electronic and I have no physical record of visa numbers.

Thanks

Genie

The DIAC have records of your comings and goings. If you want to make a meal if it, you could lodge an FoI request for your movement records.