Medicals without file number

Guest Amelia&Fred

Guest Amelia&Fred

Hello!

I've read lots of information about medicals on this site... however, has anyone completed their medicals before they have received a file number? We lodged at the end of August last year, payment taken on the 6th December but not received a receipt/acknowledgement/file number.... we'd really like to get our medicals done now...

Hope someone can help! :D

Thanks!

Amelia and Fred

http://www.funkeldink.com

Guest Rachael

We waited for our acknowledgment first and it didn't take long after to get our case officer. We started organising them before the case officer though. What you have to remember is that your deadline for initial entry to Australia starts from the date you had your medicals or police checks done. e.g. our police checks were dated 7th Dec 07 and we have to make an initial entry to Oz by 7th Dec 08.

Hope this helps,

Rachael.

hello!

we are also august applicants and because we didn't want yet another delay we went for the medicals without a file number. - our agent was rather shocked i should add ;)

but rachael is right: whichever you did first, medicals or pcc your entry will be dated to a year from the earlier one.

Guest Amelia&Fred

we don't have a file number so i don't know where we would send the medicals too... we don't want them to get lost... it's a difficult one... i guess we should wait for the file number but we're near a hospital right now so it would be convenient...also, we just want to feel like we're doing something!!

We got the police checks done in August 07 so hopefully we wont have to do them again even though we haven't been in the UK to commit any crimes since then!!! :err:

Thanks everyone, amelia and fred

Guest caoimhe

QUOTE >>>I've read lots of information about medicals on this site... however, has anyone completed their medicals before they have received a file number? We lodged at the end of August last year, payment taken on the 6th December but not received a receipt/acknowledgement/file number.... we'd really like to get our medicals done now... >>>>>>>>

Not sure if they process in order of date but we lodged 14th August and got case officer and request for med and pc on 14th Feb, if you lodged end of August maybe you will hear something in next couple of weeks

Guest Libby1971

Another piece of info to throw into the pot!

Our agent told us that the medicals are only valid for a certain adn short period pf time. Getting them done too early is a gamble and not worth taking in her opinion. She said we didn't need to have had the medicals done within a month, only to have made steps into trying to get them done. In other words, an appointment for an xray would suffice if it was a couple of days after the deadline.

I would wait. I can see why you would want to do it but this is a chance for you to get things right. Do it the way the process says and there is no chance of anything getting misplaced and causing you stress later.

I would like to say that it is soo incredibly easy for me to say this when I am not in the middle of it.

Libby

QUOTE >>>I've read lots of information about medicals on this site... however, has anyone completed their medicals before they have received a file number? We lodged at the end of August last year, payment taken on the 6th December but not received a receipt/acknowledgement/file number.... we'd really like to get our medicals done now... >>>>>>>>

Not sure if they process in order of date but we lodged 14th August and got case officer and request for med and pc on 14th Feb, if you lodged end of August maybe you will hear something in next couple of weeks

We, like yourselves, lodged end at of August and payments gone out but haven't heard anything else yet. We're still waiting to be assigned a case officer and been told to expect quite a wait as there's bit of a backlog due to the high number of applications being submitted before all the changes in Sept. We're getting figgety too but our agent has advised us not to have our meds & pcs done until we've got our CO just in case they get lost whilst in that limbo state. So in the meantime we're going to do what I think it was Libby who said, just make steps in preparation, i.e. make provisional appointments.

More worrying though, we thought the meds & pcs were just a formality now at this stage, however my agent informed us that the CO can still return our application if they're not entirely happy. I thought we were over the worst!! It appears we're still dangling!?!!

Nicky

Guest caoimhe

More worrying though, we thought the meds & pcs were just a formality now at this stage, however my agent informed us that the CO can still return our application if they're not entirely happy. I thought we were over the worst!! It appears we're still dangling!?!!

Nicky

I don't think the CO returns your application at this stage unless there is a problem with you med or pc's, I think they only request these if everthing else has passed

Guest Rachel1477

Hi

We lodged online 12.02.08 and will be booking our meds for the start of April. Agent said we should expect to hear in about 12 weeks from the date we lodged (mid April) so I guess we will be ahead of the game as it were. For us - we just don't want to delay any longer than neccesary!! Agent hasn't advised us one way or the other about whather we shoudl front load - but then we will not be bound by the limit of a years validity as all being well we hope to be out there long before then!!!

Rachel

Rachel

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

We were told by the agent to hold on for a while after applying for Visa on-line in November. We had Medicals done in Jan and they arrived in Sydney and married up with our file without any problems and they have now been finalized as well.

We feel that it was worth front loading the meds, but it's an individual decision.

Good luck everyone

Martin and Val

Guest stiffsimon

Eeee. Glad it's not just me. Like others I submitted our 136 skilled independant application on 29/08/07. Money taken out of my account on 12/12/07 but since then nothing, zilch. Have an appointment for medicals booked for 20/03/08 so hopefully will have had a case number by then.

Somebody, can't remember who, suggested that if you have your medicals done before receiving a case number to ask the examomg doctor to hold onto to your medicals. Then when you get your case number inform the doctor who did the medicals and then send them over to Australia. Sounds like good advice, it seems to cover all the possibilities/problems. Here's hoping things go all right for those of us in this horrible position of limbo.

hopefully will have had a case number by then.

Somebody, can't remember who, suggested that if you have your medicals done before receiving a case number to ask the examomg doctor to hold onto to your medicals. Then when you get your case number inform the doctor who did the medicals and then send them over to Australia. Sounds like good advice, it seems to cover all the possibilities/problems. Here's hoping things go all right for those of us in this horrible position of limbo.

Hi all,

the information regarding the meds was myself Simon, we did our meds against our agents advice and the doctor held onto the file until we had our acknowledgement/client number, we phoned the doctor who then put the number onto the meds and couriered them to the LCU, no problems were had and the meds were completed in sydney in 4 weeks. But it might not be for all, the meds and the police checks last for 1 year from the date they were done, which I thought was a risk that I could take as I didn't/and neither did our agent anticipate that we would still be hanging around in a year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amelia&Fred

It's interesting to hear everyone's experience...it seems like eveyone is in a different position... there are no hard and fast rules!! We're going to get medicals done in Malaysia (only 30quid a go!!!), if they get lost then it's no hardship really and at least we'll know we're healthy:D!!! Fingers crossed we'll get some news soon.... four months since they took our money and not even a receipt.....