Mr Technical

Backlash against migrant workers?

Firstly the Today Tonight piece on Irish workers contracting on the South Road project while Aussies laid off and now this article......

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/student-visas-used-as-back-door-by-foreign-workers-says-monash-university-study/story-fncz7kyc-1226516962190

We all know job wise times are tough over here, so wondering whether these articles will have a subconcious effect when employers are recruiting.

Guest Guest6899

i have it at work now and again.. graduate nurses cant get jobs whilst there recruiting all the time for uk nurses.. i just say, they want experienced nurses now and if they trained their nurses better they would be ready to do the job like we are rather than needing yet another year!!. tends to shut them up!!

Guest Guest5035

not many work places now have the people to train new people and it can be cheaper to get hire labour than full time labour.

stevo

Guest Chris_J

I haven't had any hassle but wouldn't really care if I did. It's a bit like Britain and the Eastern Europeans, however we don't have a passport to freely come and go between the UK and Aus to live an work, we've worked hard to get our visas. I want to contribute to a country that has allowed me to come here and enjoy the lifestyle, especially with all the effort put in applying for the 176 plus the involved.