Guest happy-jools

Exchange Rates

Guest happy-jools

Now I know if someone could predict for real then they would be a millionaire but my question is

The Exchange rate today offered is 2.18 to the pound. Up from 2.11 last week. Not im not sure whether to exchange some money or not. What do people think.

Now dont be silly, I dont have millions (unfortunately) so any tips would be nice to hear.:notworthy:

Guest trudge

I'm no expert. I exchanged some money last week at $2.11 to get us going when we arrive. If I had done it earlier today at $2.18 I would have got an extra $1000 or so. Hopefully it will pick right up again in the future so we can get the rest across. This afternoon it is back to $2.14. It's all a bit of a gamble!

Hey Jools,

We exchanged some this week....got $2.17...so not bad in the current light!!

We have just decided to exchange at the best we can and stop looking at the rate!! Just wanna get on my with new life planning!!

Dan and Steph

Guest Amelia&Fred

we changed £3000 last september before coming traveling ... we glad we did because we got $2.30 for £1 ... its gone down ever since ... we wish we had changed more but heyho /... some you win some you lose ... personally i think it is a big gamble ...but ... i think ... the aussie dollar will get stronger and the pound weaker so it may be worth buying now considering when i first went to Aus ... i only got $1.90 for £1 .... its worth thinking about if you have a few grand to change :goofy:

dont forget when you look at the exchange rate ask what the best deal they could do for x amount of money they might give you a better rate for that day only

alex

Its a gamble Julia, last year we exchanged & within 6 hours........yes 6 hours it had increased by 10 cent, we were gutted but at the point we had to make a decision. Unfortunately if I had a crystal ball to help you I would, good luck hun.