mental health nursing jobs?

Guest Benoli

Hi all, I'm not exactly new on here, I joined a couple of years ago but not a clue what name etc I used as generally just lurked without logging in :smile:

I've been on the other site, PIO for a while whilst doing the long wait for our visa. Anyway we now have our PR visa (SA State Sponsored) and we have those magical one way flights booked to Adelaide for June!!

to get to the real point though is that both myself and hubby are mental health nurses and will be seeking jobs. Can anyone give me the heads up as to where or who I could contact? I did previously have a position offered with SA health a couple of years ago but had to eventually decline for various reasons. We have just emailed them again but wonder if there is anything else we could be doing? (as a guide as to what we're interested in, Hubby is experienced in working in intensive care/forensic whereas my experience mainly lies in functional and organic mentally ill with aggressive/challenging behaviour thrown in for good measure lol)

any advice would be much appreciated x

• 3 weeks later...

just bringing this up again in case someone maybe has a suggestion who hasn't seen this before :smile:

another question, does anyone know if there is much difference between working in private hospitals and public ones for mental health nurses?

Hi, I am a nurse (not mental health though) but am looking for work as recently moved here too. I have seen jobs advertised quite a few for mental health nurse on SA health site and notice of vacancies recently, might be worth applying if interested!? I know you mentioned you had already emailed them. there is some rehab places around the eastern suburbs I have heard of one in Norwood. Think it is staffing levels that are different from private to public but not 100% sure. Have come over here from a year in melbourne I know it was that way there. Good luck!

Personally I would recommend going with the agency as The Mental Health Service in S.A is really struggling . Agency gives you the opportunity to go to different places to see what's out there before committing .

can i ask what you mean by the service struggling??