Heating, vent & air con jobs

Guest tayjak

Guest tayjak

I am due to start my visa application process and pay the agents fees however there doesn't appear to be much work opportunity for mechanical hvac engineers. Does anyone know what work is available and if I would struggle to find employment. I am hesitating to pay the fees as I am not sure about the work situation. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DownInAlbion

Hi Tayjak,

Im a mechanical hvac engineer with 12 years experience. I have been here for 4 months having moved with my partner who got sponsored. I am already on my second job having started with an adelaide contractor before getting a job with a Sydney based company doing a three year project here in adelaide. The first job was a six month term so had to do what I had to do when something more long term came along.

Its a tough market for sure at the minute, but as long as you contact the right people my general thoughts are, English construction workers are highly thought of. If your cv is good enough your more than in with a shout. It's a slightly different set up here, I'm not sure what your back ground is, but what I see as a mech engineer with a contractor in uk, is completely different here. In a consultancy it's very similar.

personally I wouldn't let it hold you back, companies try and make room for good people.

​hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tayjak

Hi, thanks for the response. I haven't been on line for few weeks or I would have responded sooner. I am ready to proceed with my visa application to be state sponsored in Adelaide but the more I research on line the more I become put off due to job prospects and possible recession in oz. I am concerned about expending the visa fees without any job on the other side. What qualifications do you have, I have a HNC in building services and have worked for HVAC contractors for around 15 years with experience in all HVAC areas, design experience, project management etc. do you think you have done the right thing moving to oz, I would appreciate any more info you can give me to help me decide whether to go for it or not, hope to hear from you again, regards tayjak

Guest DownInAlbion

Tayjak,

I have an Onc and HMV in building services too with 12 years hvac contractor experience. Obviously only my advice but I tho k it will be tough, but eventually an opportunity will come along. Nothing's certain in any field of work.

i came purely because my partner got a job and wanted to come. I wouldn't have done it off my own back, but boy I am enjoying myself and this place. It's great.

Guest tayjak

What would you say the average salary is for someone in our line of work, I have around 12 yrs experience too. Are ONC HNC recognised in oz as a qualification