309/100 Family Visas Any ides how long these are currently taking ?

Guest The Blackledge's

Guest The Blackledge's

We submitted for my daughter's partner and son in Feb. Anyone got a recent update or info on how long they are taking ?

We submitted for my daughter's partner and son in Feb. Anyone got a recent update or info on how long they are taking ?

Is this on shore in Aus or off shore in UK?

If its off shore, current time is 8-9 months from application lodged provided everything is in order. On shore its currently at about 13-14 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Blackledge's
I received my 100 class visa in 5 months despite the 8-9 month timescale given :)

i submitted in dec and it was granted last month!

Thanks Bobble...I was aware of what the immi website gives as time lines...so it was an actual recent experience like your I was hoping to get. Did you sub your meds before the case officer requested them ? You've got us all excited as our daughter applied for her son and partner's visas at the start of Feb...we were thinking it could be as long as november...but hopefully you've shown us that maybe not. They are in the UK and we're all wanting them here asap of course.

Thanks Bobble...I was aware of what the immi website gives as time lines...so it was an actual recent experience like your I was hoping to get. Did you sub your meds before the case officer requested them ? You've got us all excited as our daughter applied for her son and partner's visas at the start of Feb...we were thinking it could be as long as november...but hopefully you've shown us that maybe not. They are in the UK and we're all wanting them here asap of course.

UK offshore is 8-9 months. I actually spoke to my CO a few days ago and she said to work to that and not expect anything sooner and they strongly advise people not to plan anything for before this timeframe. Some people who applied the end of last year have had their's granted within 6 months but that does not actually mean the grant time has gone down. They just got lucky. Others who applied at the same time are still waiting (and they had no issues with their application or anything either).

Work on 8-9 months timescale and if, if it comes though before that and they want to hop on a plane sooner then, they can juggle it all as it happens.

Guest Bobble

I was working on a September timescale for receiving my visa, so was surprised when it came through so quick! Of course I could've just been lucky. I didn't submit anything earlier than requested, in actual fact life got in the way and I was a few weeks after the date given getting my meds done.

good luck with it all....I can't wait for our move now! :)