Enroling for school

Guest Russ c

Guest Russ c

I'm currently trying to enrol my 13 year old in school, am I right in thinking they won't enrol him until we have a 12 month lease, we are coming over on the 20 July and are only staying in a short term rental for 6-10 weeks then hopefully find somewhere.

Russ c

Guest Guest6899
I'm currently trying to enrol my 13 year old in school, am I right in thinking they won't enrol him until we have a 12 month lease, we are coming over on the 20 July and are only staying in a short term rental for 6-10 weeks then hopefully find somewhere.

Russ c

Both of our children started school whilst we were in short term accommodation, some areas may have different criteria. I think you need to be here first before you can enroll into a school, where do you know where to send him until your here? + you really should check them out first that the school suits your child.

Edited by Guest6899

Guest wijaya

I think the 12 month lease only applies if you enrol for the state school that usually "oversubscribed"... That happened to us in 2010 when we enrolled our son, at that time 13 years (Year 8) in Marryatville High. We had to provide proof that we would live in the "zoned area for the school" for the next 12 months.

Guest Cornish Pasties

Hi,

I would email the school where you are thinking of enrolling your child and ask them the criteria. I was advised to contact them again when we had arrived in Adelaide and moved into a house. They sent a map advising of the zoned area and luckily our short term rental was within that area. They accepted out short term tenancy agreement as proof as residence when we went to enrol. My son is at Hallet Cove R-12 school. I think it is best to check with each particular school. Best of luck :smile: