Awesome weekend in Brissy - Lions first test!

Just come back from Brisbane where my hubby and I went to see The Lions play their first test against the Wallabies . My husband is welsh (from Cardiff) and is a massive rugby fab - so he was overjoyed that we managed to get tickets to see them play - and with 8 welsh players too!!

We arrived in Brisbane on a cold and wet friday morning and spent the day around a couple of the Art galleries - the Modern Art gallery was my favourite and most of the artist there were australia - it was a lovely way to spend a day.

Saturday morning the sun was shining - brightly! and totally blue skies with not a cloud in sight. We put on our red shirts and walked into the city - there were red shirts everywhere and there a was a buzz of excitement in the air. We met up with some friends from Adelaide and had a great lunch at the Brissy Surf club! My hubby bumped into an old friend from Cardiff who was over here for the Lions tour, so that was a nice surprise

A few more drinks then onto the Caxton where the atmosphere was electric! then into the Suncorp stadium - totally amazing atmosphere - we had seats behind the posts and were sat amongst some Wallabie supporters, who were really friendly and we had a great laugh with them. Lots of singing and shouting - it was a agreat game to watch and then that final kick!!

A fabulous experience - it was so nice to chat to other fans who had saved up just to come to Australia to watch the Lions, everyone was such in great spirits - just awesome!

Hubby off to see the next one in Melbourne, lets hope its a just as good game!

Anyone else go ?

Sarahx