Why did you use an agent?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Think I might re-visit the idea of taking the migration agent exams and setting myself up as one, seeing the amount of people willing to pay for their services.......whilst a lot of money to invest in doing it, it does seem like there are a lot of people who want to pay.

Can I ask those of you whom did go with an agent, why you chose to? It seems like quite a few cases where its straight forward and reasonably intelligent people applying, so my brain can't quite work out why pay someone else to do it for you, (hence what's holding me back from going into it as a career, if I wouldn't spend money on it, how can I expect others to!) so any thoughts would be fab :)

(this really is me interested btw, not me having a go, passing judgement or any other negative thing that might come across in this post)

Cheers and good luck OP with whatever course/whomever you decide to go with :)

I used one for my rsms visa as my company hadn't sponsored anyone before, and couldn't really comprehend the detail that was needed. I was panicky enough about it without worrying that they hadn't sent enough info in. If I just had to rely in me I would have done it myself.

Guest Rachael M Bowen

It's not about the level of intelligence anyone has..... we used Imm2oz because we are extremely busy and stressed working full time, using a migration company takes the extra stress of the visa process away from you. Why put added pressure on yourself? I've also heard stories where people have tried to complete the visa process themselves and ended up wasteing more money as they haven't sent the correct information therefore their application has been rejected. I'm not sure about the other visa processes but the Skilled Migrant Visas are far from straight forward. As I said in my original post I was totally unaware of the amount of evidence you needed to provide to prove 1. You are who you say you are...2. That you are skilled enough to do the same occupation in Australia that you currently do in the UK and have done for the past 10 years...3. The legal documents you need to have certified by lawyers especially if you are taking children with you. I guess it's each to their own but I personally would recommend seeking expert advise from agents that really care.