Guest Tracijbc

Oh good grief

Guest Tracijbc

Well, got an email this morning telling me we didn't get OAA. So, it looks like we're off to Cannon St Backpackers for at least the first 2 weeks, and then who knows! :arghh:

It's a bit of a blow, as we were really hoping to get OAA, I guess it's just another challenge in the move to Australia eh? We have still applied for meet and greet, and I hope that will work out ok.

Can anyone who lives in Adelaide let me know if Cannon St looks like a dive or if it looks ok? We are renting a private room for 2 weeks, and hope it will be ok as they have cut us a great deal.

Thanks a lot

Traci x

Guest Nick11

Oh sweetie - soooo sorry - look on the bright side - some oaa isn't that great anyway.

What is meant to be etc

Can't really help you about accomadation.

Meet and greet is excellent - we had a guy called Eric who was great - nothing too much trouble.

The front looks ok and it is right in the city, about 10 mins walk from the Mall and stuff. The positive thing is you will be able to crash when you first arrive, rather than go out shopping for bedding n stuff. Pretty much all transport comes into the city so you will be ideally located for having a look at everywhere.

Rachel

Guest Tracijbc

Thanks guys.

I gues you're right Nick, it wasn't meant to be, and yep, we are ideally placed for the city centre and some serious job hunting when we arrive.

Thanks for injecting a little positivity into my life!

T xx

Guest Nick11

If it had been just me and hubby - it would have suited us fine - in the middle of everything.

Guest Tracijbc
    Yeah there are lots of good pubs to choose from in the city and you dont have to drive

AHA!! Now you have got a great point there!!

Definitely looking more positive now. Hurrah!

Guest Martin and Val
    Well, got an email this morning telling me we didn't get OAA. So, it looks like we're off to Cannon St Backpackers for at least the first 2 weeks, and then who knows! :arghh:

Thanks a lot

Traci x

Sorry to hear your news Traci, but as others have said you will be right in the middle for the shops, bars and employment agencies.

Did they give you any reason why you were not allocated OAA and can you apply again?

Cheers and good luck with the move.

Martin and Val

Guest Tracijbc

They just said due to high demand blah blah... IMHO I reckon it's because we have no kids and two adults can find accommodation easier than a family.

We applied back in January, once we had booked our flights, so it's not a timescale issue.

I guess you might as well apply, cos who knows....

Cannon Street Backpackers here we come.......

Guest paul_smart
    They just said due to high demand blah blah... IMHO I reckon it's because we have no kids and two adults can find accommodation easier than a family.

We applied back in January, once we had booked our flights, so it's not a timescale issue.

I guess you might as well apply, cos who knows....

Cannon Street Backpackers here we come.......

you could try the YHA in Light Square I stayed there for 3 months, roomy, friendly, has all sorts - families, students, backpackers

, and the staff were awesome, took me to house parties and even went to one of their weddings, think it's a bit bigger than Cannon street, plus if you get the membership you get a dicount if your going to need a few weeks. 1 year is about $30 and gives you 10% off I think.