Pool company recommendations .

Leccyman

I cannot help you with a pool installer but wi would recommend a fibreglass pool rather than concrete. The install time is vastly less which means a lot less mess for a shorter time, my pool was usable in 7 days, with edge pavings installed (part of install deal), still had more concrete/pavings to do myself as part of the whole pool area, but the pool was usable. Also fibreglass pools need a lot less chemicals to run.

The only down side is the limit of designs/sizes, a concrete pool can be more easily be designed to suit your particular preferences/needs.

As a side note, pools are costly things to install, run and maintain so unless you have children whom will use it regulary or like me to have it for ego/status symbol, for UK visiters (grandkids and others, whom in essence rarely come out, you know, "well it is a long way to come"!!!) then one should weigh up the value of having a pool. But they can make your property look good and may help with resale.

Good luck

Thanks Keith ,

Great advice. I was looking at the cheapest option to both install and run to be honest. I don't know a thing about pools. Someone told me to get a salt one but not sure what the benefits are. Any advice regarding installation costs or running costs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Keith ,

Great advice. I was looking at the cheapest option to both install and run to be honest. I don't know a thing about pools. Someone told me to get a salt one but not sure what the benefits are. Any advice regarding installation costs or running costs would be greatly appreciated.

Why oh why do I manage to keep writing and the thing auto saves but when I come to post it says not responding -refresh page and then all is lost:mad:

I write again in hope of not losing it!!

I thought most pools are salt? it is just some of the stuff you will have to keep buying as well as Acid, Chlorine, Buffer, Clrifyer etc. Your filter will be either a sand or cartridge type with either not needing much maintenance themselves, we have a 6yr old cartridge which I just hose off now & again.

As I am Qld based running costs will be diff, but the costs do vary through the seasons with pump/filter running times change, also depends on the hot weather and how much you use it hot weather & high use will mean more running costs.

We do not use our pool very much now and it really is a cost to us but never really regretted having it, mainly for the resale factor.

Good luck and sure someone will give some idea of running costs in SA.

As we live in a rainforest ours requires a bit of maintenance we have had two different pool companies come in to service, the first one ended up costing us $100 a fortnight so we changed and we now pay $50 per month. We could do it ourselves but don't have the time.