Visas

Guest Smurtonio

Guest Smurtonio

Hi everyone,

This is my first time here so I hope that I make sense. My wife and i, children, daughter 6 and twin boys 18months are at the early stages of trying to make a move to Adelaide, I am a plumber,my wife does accounts (AAT not recognised in Oz), I am trying to get a skilled migration visa and at the stage of proof of working for last 10 years, I need to get 7s in the ielts for a 489 visa,had one go and failed, but still confident. Providing all goes well, could anyone tell me the process after the two years temporary are up, like how long does a permanent visa take to obtain, how long before we would be entitled to help with childcare as my wife would like to work as soon as poss. Any info would be appreciated any similar scenarios or families at the same stage heading that way.

Thank you Smurtonio.

Hi-I don't know the answers to this but since you haven't had a reply yet thought I would just check with you that you've read the DIAC guidelines for your application for the 489, as all the info you need will be there Go to www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect & it will also direct you to read Booklet 6.

That's a really good advice. I doubt that a visa 489 holder is entitled to children benefits. Moreover, in some states you have to pay school fees. I don't know if that's true for South Australia, because we don't have any kids. Maybe some members with children answer your question.

You know, that you also need private health insurance for all of your family? That could be very expensive, too.

How long it will take and if you might be eligible to obtain permanent residency can nobody tell you, because the rules and regulations change so quickly. Can be everything between 1 months and over 1 year, I guess (that's what I read on this forum and on the mothersite www.pomsinoz.com ).